Part XIII: Happy Ending Part III

♫ I can hold my breath

I can bite my tongue

I can stay for days

If that's what you want

Be your number one♫

"Tadashi you can turn back around now." I gulp, the silver pieces stuck to my legs. Tadashi turns, he walks towards me, slowly, like he was trying to approach an animal.

"Just try not to freak out." He says, he holds out his hand," try to stand up." I stared at him, wide eyed. I shook my head at him.

"Trust me," he pushes his hand towards me, "I promise I will catch you if you fall." I lift my hand and carefully eye him. There's sincerity I his orbs, and maybe even passion.

"I trust you." I place my hand in his and grip his fingers and I readied my mind for the position. My other hand held on to the snow white sheets.

"1-2-" I squeezed my eyes, and pushed myself off from the bed, using the new found strength in my legs. I stood on my stilt like legs, shaking and trembling against my knees. I was standing on my two feet. I felt as if I were a baby fawn, innate will the ability to stand at birth. My hand left the bed sheet; it hovered towards the ground, and released my grip on Tadashi. He was smiling proudly at his work, watching my legs adjust to the weight that they hadn't felt for a while. His mouth was curved upwards, open with pearly whites. I let loose a smile, but felt my knees bend, I fall against his chest.

"-3." He caught me.

♫I can fake a smile

I can force a laugh

I can dance and play the part

If that's what you ask

Give you all I am♫

"They worked." I whisper into his shirt.

"Not yet." I held me, an arm under my arms and another hoisted me by my waist. He sighed a breath of relief into my tangled hair," Walk for me."

"What-wait!"

♫I can do it♫

"Try. I'm going to be waiting for you at the other end, by the door. Can you do that for me?" I held on to the fabric of his shirt.

"No, Tadashi, I can't."

♫I can do it♫

"I'm letting go now." Felt his arms snaking away from my body, the weight returning to my knees.

"Stop! Don't leave me!" I cried my face still against his chest.

♫I can do it♫

Hi arms released me and he backed up cautiously, as if he saw a bear. He reached the door, his back against it.

I took a deep breath and relaxed, slowly regaining my balance. I tugged the nurse dress down and sucked in a final breath, here I go.

"Slow and-"But Tadashi didn't get to finish, because I had already crashed into his arms.

♫But I'm only human

And I bleed when I fall down

I'm only human♫

"So much for steady, you ran that." He laughed, holding me close, I panted and giggled at the same time, while feeling the overwhelming thoughts of "I did it." He held on to my upper body as I clutched onto his arms. I took a breath and lifted my gaze towards him; his eyes are glittering down at me. I gulped and ducked my head to hide my growing blush.

"_____________..." Tadashi's arms loosened around me.

"Yes?" I bring my head up to meet his eyes again.

"I just want to say, you're the most amazing person I've ever met. I want to tell you that I love you..." He held me close and pulled me into a sweet kiss.

♫And I crash and I break down

Your words in my head, knives in my heart♫

I stumbled back, feeling a rush in my head. Snip bits of scenes, but they felt more like memories, maybe even déjà vu.

"____________!" Tadashi catches me and I regained balance in my legs. My head was still spinning, worlds were colliding, and puzzle pieces were fitting into place.

"Wait-- I didn't die? Tadashi..." I held my head, my vision clearing.

"____________, are you-do you remember what happened?" Tadashi held me up by the shoulders. He moved towards the hospital bed and sat down while I stood in front of him.

"There was a car, and I-I got hit. I thought I was going to die, I couldn't move and you were there!" I cried, tears streaming down my face, everything was making sense now. The visits, the blushing, we were-he and I were, we were a couple! He loved me, and I did, we loved each other, "And now you're here." He wiped a tear from my eyes and I pulled him closer.

♫You build me up and then I fall apart♫

"Tadashi, thank you for everything! You gave me so much these past months. You kept me company, kept me up with class; you've done so much for me. You even got me back on my feet!" I beamed and he kissed my forehead.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I sighed, leaning against him.

"I thought it would be too much for you." He leaned against me, I swung my legs on to the bed, pulling up the dress. I drifted my fingers against the craftsmanship.

"Thank you." I held his shoulders and gently kissed; he reached from my elbows and pulled me closer, causing both of us to fall against the mattress.

♫I can turn it on

Be a good machine

I can hold the weight of the worlds

If that's what you need

Be your everything♫

"What would you do if I told you I loved you?"

"Kiss you."

"And?"

"Probably marry you."

♫One step closer♫

***

~EXDTENDED ENDING, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT~

♫I have died every day waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand years♫

It's not the dress Aunt May, Gogo, Abby, and Honey Lemon had agreed on. Not even the cake that Wasabi had perfectly frosted or Fred, who had secretly, took a taste test. Or Baymax and Hiro dressed in matching tuxedos, both being the best men for the occasion.

It was probably the two people finally united together.

Tadashi and I were finally getting married, and I was able to walk down the aisle.

♫And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more♫

~fin~