Part IX: Sad ending Part II

."Aren't the flowers lovely, Miss ________? The gardeners really has out done himself this year." She sighs as she pushes me towards the fountain area.
"Yeah, it's really pretty out here." I take a deep breath, taking in the sweet scent of the garden's fragrances. There are other patients out here, socializing, playing chess, are just stretching their legs. I look down to my own frozen ones; I ached to walk again, even if it was for a moment. I would walk everywhere, but I would run to Tadashi.

The nurse parked me in front of the fountain in the middle of the garden area so I could admire the flowers. Some of the water from the fountain would splash against the back of the seat.
"________, did you know every flower has its own unique meaning?"
"I've heard about it, but I've never really learned."
"Let me show you." The nurse goes behind my wheelchair and begins to push me towards the flower patches. Each garden held a different kind of flower, she told me stories about how each one was planted by a patient and cared for by a gardener once the patient was discharged from the hospital.
"Would you like your own garden patch, Miss. ________?" She questions, kind eyes looking at me," we're opening another lot open for patients to plant. If you would like I could reserve a spot for you."

"That would be great."

***
I was brought back to my bleak room, My plain bed sheets were changed and the Christmas lights flared a soft comfort.

The nurse helpe m back into bed.
"Thank you," I whispered.
"Your welcome, jut let me know if you would like to visit the gardens again." She beamed and headed for the door," please call if you need anything." As she left the door did not close all the way. It creaked back, leaving enough space for me to see out. I relaxed against my pillow pet. A get well gift from an unknown sender, Tadashi had brought it in for me. Only handing me a card when I asked for an explanation.

I closed my eyes, maybe when I wake up Tadashi will come.

But that kind of stuff only happens in movies.

This isn't a fairy tale.

"________?" The door creaked wider. The voice wakes me up, I turn my head towards the door.
"Who are you?" The person at the door had shaggy black hair and wore a red t-shirt with a navy blue sweater. Coming out from behind him is a giant walking marshmallow.
"What? Who are you guys?"
"I'm Baymax, your personal health care companion."
"Its me, Hiro."
"Hiro?" I try to sit up, but I fail as always, Baymax waddles over to help me sit up.
"Wait, you don't remember me?"
"Um, thank you Baymax."
"You are welcome." He says.
"Why would I, this is the first time I've met you." I pause for a bit, trying to think.
"Are you Hiro Hamada, Tadashi's little brother? The knucklehead?" I joked, Hiro only sadly grins.
"Yeah, I am."
"You know he talks about you a lot when he comes here. He's always worried about you when you go out not fighting. He loves you you know." He nods. He scraches the back of his neck. A silence hanges over us.
"Scan complete." I lift my had towards Baymax.
"You have broken limbs. This pervents you from walking."
"Baymax..."
"No, no its okay. I'm used to it, I guess. So what's Baymax? To me he looks like a fluffy marshmallow." I giggle and poked his stomach. Baymax waddles away from Hiro's side and curiously shuffles around the room. Eyeing
"Tadashi made him before he..." Hiro's eyes start to water.
"Before he...?"
"T-Tadashis, gone. He won't be here with us anymore, ________." His hands clench up.
"Wh-what, you don't mean Tadashis, dead, he can't be hes-hes-"I cried, tears fall from my cheek and land on my hands and the white sheets.
"I'm so sorry, _______, for telling you this." I wiped my nose, Baymax waddles to the other side of my bed to hand me tissues and immerses me in his inflated arms.
"There. There." He soothes.
"Hiro how did he-"
"He was a hero. He tried to save someone from a fire and-" I reach for his hand and hold it tight.
"I'm sorry, so sorry." Hiro lets go and joins Baymax and me in a group hug. After a couple moments they let go. Baymax goes back to waddling around the room.
"I'm really going to miss him." I wipe a tear from my eye.
"Yeah."
"Tadashi is here." Baymax stands at the foot of the bed.
"What?" I sniffle.
"Tadashi is here." The robot tilts his head a bit.
"Play it for her, Baymax." Hiro goes over to light switch and flicks it off. On Baymax's stomach light is illuminating from it.
"This is Tadashi Hamada, and this is my first test of my robotics project." A video of Tadashi plays, showing him testing Baymax. I watched, laughing a bit and feeling all warm inside. When the video ends, Hiro turns the lights in the room back on.
"Thank you, Baymax." I use my sleeve to wipe my eyes, "and Hiro." I beam at the duo.
"Tadashi would be proud of you two!" I exclaim," I never got to tell him good bye. I was never there for him like he was for me."

I never got to tell him I loved him.

"It's okay, ________." Hiro hugs me again and I get to cuddle Baymax's arm.
"Thank you so much for visiting me." Hiro releases me and goes towards the door and twists the nob to open the door, but Baymax stays put in front of me.
"Baymax?" I tilt my head in confusion.
"Were you satisfied with your care?"
"Yes, I'm satisfied with my care. Thank you so much."

(-Hands reader tissue- I'm sorry! Please don't cry!
There will be more for the sad ending after New Years and happy ending is coming up so hold on to your seats!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!)