27 | I'd Like That Too

Start from the beginning

"Okay," I said in a whisper all while keeping my eyes locked with his.

It was getting harder to deny whatever this was going on between us. My heart raced when he was near, and my mind was an open revolving door of thoughts about him. I wanted so badly for whatever this was to disappear. But I was an adult, I could admit when there was attraction and when there was a spark.

And oh my god are there sparks. Every time his fingers touch my skin electricity fills my veins and every nerve ending came alive. My body was all for whatever this was, but my morals held resentment. There was still so much I didn't know about the man next to me, and so much I had yet to talk about.

"Would you like to come home with me Amelia." He asked, eyes holding my body in a frozen like state. What did he just say?

"What," I said breathlessly, setting my drink down. Now my heart was racing as fast as a horse in the Kentucky Derby on the final stretch.

"I said, would you -"

"No I know what you said. But why would you say that." I interrupted him, looking over to make sure Tatum or Rodney weren't listening in only to notice they were both gone.

"Because I'd like to take you home Amelia, and I think you'd like that too." He said, eyes darkening and jaw clenching.

"This is ridiculous, I have to go find Tatum," I said quickly and stood up grabbing my light coat and bag. Before I could get farther than the table, Dantes large hand was around my arm and he was pulling me to the coat hallway.

"Let me go Dante, don't drag me like an animal," I spit pulling my arm from his grasp aggressively. He let go, but not before pushing his body on mine forcing us against the wall behind all the expensive coats. My eyes widened and I looked up to him. "What are you doing! This is Zac's party, don't do this here."

"DO what Amelia? Kiss the woman who has clouded my mind for weeks now. Get her to accept an attraction so irresistible between the two of us?" He spit out, eyes angry and face inches from my own.

His words went straight to my heart and my heart plummeted. There was no escaping it this time. No running away. I couldn't.

His eyes cast down to my lips and before any ounce of doubt could cloud my mind, not that there would be, his lips crashed to my own. Lost in thought, I gasped at the impact of his harsh yet heated movements. He dove his tongue deep into my mouth. His strong arms found my back and my hands found his hair, both moving feverishly as our mouths danced in a rhythmic battle.

He brought one hand up my side and stopped when he met my cheeks. Squeezing, his mouth continued its dance with my own and without thinking I slowly brought my attention to his bottom lip, biting it gently. He let out a muffled moan, mouth still on my own and pushed his body even closer to my own.

Disconnecting his lips from mine I opened my eyes meeting his almost all black ones across from me. His face was filled with lust and he was breathing heavy like I was.

"Come back to mine, please." He said, his eyes slightly closed due to the lust coating them. HIs arms stay locked around me waiting for my answer.

"Okay," I said breathlessly. Still recovering from the brutal kiss. I want this. Whatever this is, this one night. I want it, and he does too.

Stepping away from me he fixed himself, shifting his belt to move his pants around and I smirked remembering the bathroom at the restaurant.

"I'll go tell Rodney and Tatum that you wanted to leave so I offered to drive you home," he said quickly bringing his eyes back to mine. "You should go fix your blouse and hair before we leave," smirking he turned and went for the table we were just sat at. Shaking my head I looked for the bathroom finding it quickly. I brushed through my messed up hair and wiped any running makeup.

Fixing my blouse and double checking I looked semi-unflustered. I left the bathroom.

I found Dante there with his coat in his hands and my own along with my purse as well. I must've dropped it when he pushed us up against the wall. Blushing I reached for my coat but before I could he held it open for me so I smiled turning around and threading my arms through each arm hole.

"Thanks," I said quickly and zipped up the coat. Turning back around he handed me my purse and then zipped his own coat up.

"Tatum said for you to call her in the morning and that if I tried anything she'd go all serial killer on me." He amused and brought his arm to my back, guiding us to the exit. "She's just looking out for me." I said shaking my head and keeping my eyes cast to where I was walking, wanting to avoid any awkward stares.

As we made it to the exit, I noticed Zac sat talking to Dylan at the table right by the door. His knowing eyes met mine and he smirked at the arm around my back. Wiggling his eyebrows and making an inappropriate gesture with his hands and mouth my eyes widened and I quickened my pace. I heard his rumble of laughter as we made our way out.

"I parked around the corner." Dante said, steering me to the direction of his car. We made it around the corner to his expensive sports car, my body grew goosebumps at the memory of what had happened in this car nights before. He unlocked the car and let me in.

"Thank you," I said quickly and buckled my seat belt as he closed my door making his way to the drivers side.

The drive was long and tension filled, my heart pounding in anticipation of what was to come. We didn't speak, but I saw his fists tighten along the steering wheel every time I shifted in my seat. Before I knew it we pulled into the private garage of the apartment complex and were heading to the elevators to reach the penthouse.

Still not saying a word we made it to his apartment and he took out his keys. Opening the door I stepped inside, not getting very far though.

Before I knew it I was pushed up against the back of the now closed front door and Dante's lips were on my own. The tension soaring I immediately responded, dropping my bag and reaching for his body.

He detached his warm lips and looked me in the eye.

"I've taken an embarrassing amount of cold showers Amelia, and all because of you." He breathed, lowering his lips to my ear and running his hands along my backside cupping my but.

"I'd like if we could finally finish what we've started." He said and my heart rate spiked. We were both breathing heavy, his mouth slightly biting my ear after finishing his sentence.

"I think I'd like that too." I said quickly and brought his face to mine, smashing my lips to his.