Andalusian horse Horse

The Andalusian, also known as the Pure Spanish Horse or PRE, is a horse breed from the Iberian Peninsula, where its ancestors have lived for thousands of years.The Andalusian has been recoginized as an individual breed since th 15th century,and it's conformation has changes very little over the centuries.Throught its history,it has been known for its prowess as a war horse and was prized by the nobility.The breed was used as a tool of diplomacy by the spanish government and kings across Europe rode and owned spanish horses.During the 19th century,warfare,disease and crossbreeding reduced herd numbers dramatically,and despite some recovery in the late 19th century,the trend continued into the early 20th cenury. Exports of restricted until the 1960s but the breed has since spread thoughout the world,despite their low population.In 2010,there were more than 185,00 registered andalusians worldwise.strongly built,and compact at yet elegant,andalusians have long thick manes and tails.Their most common coat color is gray,althhough they can be found in many other colors.They are known for their intelligence,sensitivity and docillity.A sub-Stan within the breed known as the Carthusian is considered by breeders to be the purest strain of Andalusian though there is no genetic evidence for this claim.The strain is still considered separate for,the main breed however,and is preferred by breeders because buyers pay more for horses of Carthusian bloodlines.There are several competing registries keeping records of horses designated as Andalusian or pre,but the purity of various stains of the breeds and the legalities of stud book ownership.Least one lawstuit is in progress as of 2011,to determine the ownership of the spanish pre studied book.over its centuries of development the Andalusian breed has has been been selected for athleticisian and stamina.The horses were originally used for classical dressage,driving,bullfighting,and as stock horses,morern andalusians are used for many equestrian activities,including dressage,show jumping and driving.The breed is also used extensively in movies,extensively in movies,especially historical picture and fantasy epics.