ONE

"Wren, how come you never tell her not to cuss? I know you heard her."

I was debating ignoring her. I reconsidered because I knew the sooner I dismissed her, the quicker she might disappear. I paused Hopeless Wanderer.

"Auden, you tell her," I mumbled, lazily looking up from the Snapchat story I'd just started tapping through. 289 seconds is a bit ridiculous for a ranting session.

"No, she never listens to me."

"What makes you think she listens to me?" She narrowed her eyes at that.

"She does," she answered flatly.

"Not all the time. I've tried." I pressed play on my music. It wasn't loud, though. I still heard Auden call me and Isaura idiots. "Shut up, Auden. Just shut up and get out of here," I murmered, opening Wattpad on my phone.

She fumed and closed the door quickly before she left. She pulled it almost all the way shut and then closed it softly to avoid getting in trouble for actually slamming it. The point was to make my stack of papers from my desk next to the door fly around.

I didn't care.

I couldn't let things like that bother me.

I looked at the papers and had an internal battle. Should I get her back? Or let go and let God?

I chose the latter.

I turned back to my phone and unpaused my music.

I had this compulsive thing I did. Every time I opened Wattpad, I'd check to see how many reads I had on my book. I hadn't updated it in months, but I never got out of the habit of checking.

I told myself that I had severe writer's block, but I knew that I was struggling with procrastination. If I started writing, I knew ideas would flow through the pen, but I had no motivation to put the tried-and-true method in action at the moment.

I opened my library and was about to pick a read when I got a FaceTime alert.

Surprise, surprise - it was Andrew.

I counted to five (Mississippis included) before I clicked answer. I didn't necessarily miss Andrew and I was upset he was interrupting my reading.

As soon as it connected, Andrew leaned in close to the screen and said, "Ew, I see you started your acne phase."

I immediately hung up. I tried to take as little crap as I was capable of from anybody and everybody in circumstances like these.

When the FaceTime sound started again and my phone started blinking, I clicked Decline. I did it twice, but I was smarter than to think that that was the least Andrew would do to get to me. Whether it be to get to my last nerve, or to actually get a hold of me to have a civilized conversation, I didn't know and I simply couldn't care less.

I counted down from three and the texts just started flowing in.

Andrew was oh-so-predictable like that.

Lol, ignoring me?

It prob won't work

I can be more annoying than Auden if I want to be

I didn't doubt that for a second.

F

A

C

E

T

I