Chapter 6 - Divinity

Molly wakes up to a knock on her door. She throws an oversized sweater on and opens the door slightly to see who it is. Of course it is Taron, smiling from ear to ear. Molly is slightly embarrassed since she has bed head and couldn't get all of her makeup off before she fell asleep.

"Hey," she said, trying to sound more awake than she was.

"Hello, love. I was coming to see if you would like to go into the town with me. I heard of this popcorn place called Yukon Heath's Popcorn Emporium. I figured since we were too full last night for the popcorn here it would be nice to check it out."

"That sounds delightful. I've been to that little town on my first trip. I loved it, but I didn't get to go there. My only request is that we go to this fudge shop. I forgot the name, but I'll know it when I see it. It is so nice and I could bring my mom some divinity fudge when I go home."

"What is divinity fudge."

"I'll tell you about it later. Do y'mind if I get dressed and I can meet you somewhere."

"Yeah, just come to my room when you are ready." he said

vv Molly's outfit

"That was faster than I thought" Taron said

"I was motivated. You. A cute town I loved as a kid that was a big reason I came. You." Molly said, fidgeting with her necklace. She had a habit of fidgeting with her necklaces when she wore them.

"Aww that's sweet. And you're wearing the necklace." he said, giving her a hug.

"I told you I'd always wear it" she glanced behind him," Is that... breakfast"

"Yeah I ordered some so we can eat and go, but I didn't know what you'd want so I got options"

There were a few sweet pastries, fruit, and everything from an american breakfast. They ate almost all of it, and with that they were ready for the day.

They walked all over the city that day. Exploring and checking out all of the shops. They went to the Skagway sculpture and flower gardens. Molly loved it. She told Taron all about the Botanical Gardens in City Park in New Orleans. It was her favorite place in the entire city. They went to The Smokehouse for a late lunch and had some crab again. Afterwards they went to the fudge shop. It looked exactly the same as Molly's trip when she was 16 or so years old. She picked up some divinity to bring home for her mom and so Taron can try. Taron got some regular fudge because he couldn't help himself after smelling the fudge throughout the room.
"So are you going to tell me about this divinity fudge?"

"Well before we went here my first time, my mom took me to get divinity fudge in the French Market at home. It was very light and airy, almost the texture of meringue. Then when we went here we got some divinity and she had me try some of this. Now taste it." she said handing Taron a piece of it. He ate it and gave a confused expression.

"But it's not airy. It's the consistency of regular fudge. Dense and thick. Y'know?"

"Yeah. Apparently when you are at different altitudes the density of the divinity is affected." Molly explained.

"That's so cool that you know that."

Standing up from the table, Molly said, "Well, I know a lot of random things." with a wink. This was her one chance to pretend she was confident. She turned and walked away to hide her embarrassed face to seem confident. It worked because Taron's eyes grew wide and followed her. He caught up with her outside the shop and swung an arm around her, only after asking if it was okay.

"I have the most amazing girlfriend." Taron said to her with the biggest smile on his face.