Chapter 14 - Father and Son.

Chapter 14  - Father and Son.

We were watching TV when Justin’s phone rang, it was an unknown number. He answered… “Hi, who are you?” he said. He looked at Pattie then at me. “Justin who is it?” Pattie whispered. “I hope you won’t make a scene.” He said. “Justin who is it?” I asked. “How did you get my number anyway?” he said. After a few minutes he hung up. “It was dad… He apologized and asked if he can have a second chance” Justin said. “I told him that if he doesn’t make a scene he can come” he added. Pattie nodded and agreed with Justin. “You should go outside and greet him in so the paparazzi wouldn’t invent some story” She said. “You’re right, I’ll phone him again” he said. “When you are a few minutes away call me, I’ll come greet you outside” Justin said. He hung up, looked at Pattie and nodded to show her that it’s done.

After some time Justin’s phone rang, it was Jeremy. Justin and I went outside in the main entrance to ‘greet’ his father. There were so many fans, paparazzi and Journalists. Good, we need everyone to see that Justin and Jeremy are ‘getting along’. He arrived. Justin went close to him, smiled at him and hugged him. “Is that Justin’s father?” shouted a paparazzi. They talked for a few seconds and walked back inside. When we went inside Jeremy removed his hand from Justin’s shoulder. “If you wouldn’t have left me our relationship would be much better than that”. Justin told Jeremy. “Justin I’m sorry, I was a fool.” He replied. We went into Pattie’s room; Justin lied down near Pattie, put his arms around her and Pattie rested her head on his chest. Jeremy sat on the chair close to Pattie and I stood near the door, like a bodyguard. “Mom, I’m going outside to phone Katia, she doesn’t know about this” he said. She nodded;

I put my headphones on and listened to some music in a very low volume. “Jeremy, I beg you don’t do anything stupid… Justin is going through a rough time; he thinks he killed the baby and the paparazzi are giving him a very hard time dealing with this. Talk to him about the fame, the fans and the tour. He loves talking about that stuff.” She said. “Pattie don’t worry I’m not doing anything stupid, I want to improve our relationship not ruin it. I know I did a mistake coming here and accuse him of killing his brother and I’m sorry.” He replied. I think that if Justin tries to let his father in, they would start to get along. They just need to try!

Justin entered the room and said “I didn’t tell her what happened, I told her to come here because of something important”. Pattie agreed with him. A doctor came in and checked Pattie’s file. “Pattie you should try to walk now, I know you’re still weak but you can’t stay in bed forever” the Doctor asked. Pattie looked at Justin for advice and Justin said “Mom you should do it, I’ll help you”. Justin went closer, put his arms under her shoulder to help her get up. When she got up, she put her arms around Justin’s neck and walked to the door and back. “Stop, no more. My feet are starting to hurt” she said. Justin obeyed and put her down on the bed. “That’s good progress, enough for now, I will be back tonight to try this again.” the Doctor said. “I’m tired, I’m going to take a nap” Pattie said. “You can stay… that chair is comfortable to sleep on” Justin told Jeremy. “Thank you Justin” he replied. Justin once again slept near Pattie, I slept on a chair and so did Jeremy.

A few hours later Justin’s phone rang and everyone woke up. “Hey Katia, what’s up?” he said. “Ok, I’m coming.” He said. “She’s downstairs in the parking lot, Mom I’m going to fill her in downstairs… because I know that you don’t want to talk about it” Justin said. He left the room and went downstairs to get Katia. “Sam can you get me a coffee?” Pattie asked. “Sure” I said. I got out of the room and went to the lobby. I think she told me to get her a coffee just to talk to Jeremy.

When I was walking back to her room I saw Justin and Katia, I went near them. “What?” Katia shouted. “I’m sorry we didn’t tell you sooner” he said. I guess he just told her that they lost the baby. “But I didn’t know she was pregnant” she said. “Neither did I” Justin replied. “So wait… she kept it all to herself?” she said. Justin looked at me and said “No, Sam knew” he said. “Are you kidding me? You didn’t tell Justin! What kind of girlfriend are you!” she shouted. “Katia stop, she did it for my sake and for the baby’s, it’s not her fault...” He said.

Katia looked confused, “so how did the baby … die?” she asked. “Umm… When I found out I kind of shouted at mom and she passed out with shock… It’s my fault” he said while he started crying. “Justin it’s not your fault! Pattie told you this a hundred times!” I said. Katia hugged Justin tight and said “She’s right; it’s not your fault!” When we entered the room Katia stared at Jeremy, “Who is he?” she asked. “Oh right, umm... Katia meet Jeremy, the baby’s father and … my father” Justin said. Katia looked at Justin and said “Are you joking?” she said. “Umm, no I’m not” he said.

Jeremy stood up and greeted Katia. “Pattie how are you doing?” asked Katia. “I’m physically weak and mentally… well I need time to recover” Pattie replied. “Justin can I ask you something?” Jeremy said. “When your mom comes out of the hospital… Will you come and spend a night at my house?” Jeremy Asked”. Justin kept staring at him and said “Look, I want to get to know you, but if I come over I don’t want to fight with you or argue.” Justin said. “Neither do I” Jeremy replied. “Ok then, I will” Justin answered. Pattie looked at both of them and smiled. “I hope you two can get along” She said. “I’ll stay with Pattie when you’re at your fathers” I said. Justin came closer to me, kissed me and said “Thank you”. I was relieved. I thought he was still angry at me about the secret keeping and stuff, but since he kissed me… Looks like everything is going to be alright.