Chapter 8 - Making my own Decisions

Chapter 8 – Making My Own Decisions

When we got back we went to Justin’s room “Hey let’s take Katia and Kelly to check out the city” he suggested. “I’m going to stay here, I’m not feeling so good, go and have fun” I replied. “Do you want me to stay with you? Mom can go with them, I can stay and take care of you” he added. “No, there’s no need… go and have fun” I said while smiling at him. “No, I’m staying with you, Mom can you take Katia and Kelly to the city?” He asked, “No” I shouted, “You go and Pattie stays” I said. “Fine, just calm down” he added. When they left Pattie asked me “Why did you shout at him when he asked me to take them?” “Because if something happened to you Katia and Kelly would find out about your pregnancy” I said. Pattie nodded and said “You’re right”. “I’m going back to my room; I need to lie down. You don’t have to come, I’m going to be fine” I said. “No, Justin told me to take care of you and that’s what I’m going to do”. She replied.

We went to my room and I lied down, I felt exhausted. “Let’s watch a movie” Pattie said. “I haven’t slept” I said. “What?” she asked. “Since you told me about your pregnancy … I hadn’t slept, I think that’s why I’m not feeling so good” I added. She looked at me and said “You don’t have to worry about me, I’m fine, and you better worry about yourself”. “How can I not worry? I’m scared that I’m going to mess this up” I added. “You won’t, but I don’t want you un-healthy just to help me, go on try to sleep till Justin is back” She said. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. “Did you make an appointment to check that everything is fine?” I said. “No I didn’t, and you should be sleeping not worrying” She added. I closed my eyes one more time, Still I couldn’t sleep. My mind was full with thoughts and worries. “Look I can’t sleep ok; I’m just going to watch the movie with you.” I said. “Do you want me to call the doctor?” She said. “And if he asks if I’m worrying about something what am I supposed to say. No we better not call” I added. “Do you want to order some food?” said Pattie. “No, I’m not hungry… Thanks” I replied. Someone knocked on the door, “I’ll get it” Said Pattie.

It was Justin. “How are you? Are you better?” He asked. “Justin I’m fine, Just a little headache that’s all, don’t worry about me”. I answered. He lied down beside me and I rested my head on his chest, I could feel his heart beating. “Wait, where are Katia and Kelly?” I asked. “In their room” He said. I didn’t want Justin to worry, so I closed my eyes and acted asleep. When he left the room, Pattie was still near me and said “You were awake the whole time weren’t you?” I opened my eyes and replied “Yes, I was … I don’t want him to worry about me”. I got out of bed and started walking towards my wardrobe “What do you think you’re doing?” Said Pattie. “I’m deciding what I’m going to wear to the concert” I said. “Oh no, you’re not going to that concert… You’re not feeling well!” She added. “Pattie I’m fine! I promise” After I said that, all of a sudden I felt dizzy and I had to lean against the wall. “No you’re not, Your mother told me to take care of you … and I’m keeping my promise” She said. “If I don’t go, Justin will know something is up”. I replied. “You’re not going to the concert and that’s final”. Pattie said. “What if I go and I stay with you the whole time?” I asked. “Well, I think you can go … But you have to stay beside me at all times, I don’t want you getting hurt… and neither does Justin” She said.

I decided what I’m going to wear and went to the bathroom to get ready. While I was getting ready I heard Justin talking to Pattie “Is she ok?” he asked. “She’s better” Pattie answered. I got out of the bathroom and we were ready to go. Then we went to Katia and Kelly’s room and they were ready too. We went in the lobby and got in the car and left for the concert. While we were in the car they put music on and the volume was very high “Can you turn it down please?” I asked. No one heard me since the music was very loud. I closed my eyes and leaned against the car door. Pattie noticed that the music was bothering me and she shouted “Turn the music down now!” Justin looked strangely at Pattie and turned it down. “You didn’t have to shout mom” He said. “Yes I did because you wouldn’t have heard me!” She added. When we arrived, we got out of the car and went backstage… Justin got in his changing room to get ready and we went to the VIP section. “Are you ok?” Pattie whispered in my ear. “I’m fine” I added. The concert started, and Justin got out on stage and began performing, he was incredible. While I was watching Justin someone put his hand on my shoulder, I turned around it was Mom! “Mom what are you doing here!” I said happily. “I missed you too much; I had to come see you!” She replied. “How did you know we were here?” I asked. “Your adorable boyfriend contacted us” She answered.

I smiled and we continued watching Justin preform. “He’s very good at what he does” said Mom, “Yes he is” I replied. After a few songs, there was an Intermission and Justin called us backstage. “Hi, Justin… thank you for setting this up” Mom said. “My pleasure” he replied. “I do anything for my love” he said while grabbing me from my waist. I smiled at him as he glared into my eyes. “Are you better?” asked Justin. “Yes, much better” I answered. “Why? ..  were you sick?” Mom said. “Just a little headache, but I’m ok now” I Said. “In what country will you be on your birthday? Mom asked me. “I don’t know, Justin do you have an idea?” I said. “Umm, yes we will be in Paris” he answered. “Ok, cause I want to come spend some days with you for your birthday” She said. I nodded and smiled.

The intermission was over and Justin went to continue the concert. He had 8 songs left to perform, but we went back to the hotel early so I could spend some time with my mom. When we arrived we went to my room and Pattie came with us. “Justin looks very nice” Said mom. “He is, he really is” I added. “When are you coming back home?” She asked. “Mom… I don’t know if I am, I am turning 18 now and I make my own decisions… I love Justin and I think I’m going to live with him on tour”.