Chapter 2

I slowly open the letter. Readying myself about the pain that was about to come, readying my non-existent heart from breaking when it wasn't even beating. Readying my brain to process every words that this old looking, valuable letter holds.

LOVE KIERAN HARPY

I smiled at the thought that it was my real parents who gave me identity.

That's the name of my beautiful daughter. Yes she's a girl with a male genital. When she's big enough please give this letter to her.

Ahhh. Yes, Mrs. Saddy mention this to me, being an intersex.

Sweetheart, always remember that we always love you, your father and I and also your brother are the happiest being when I give birth to you, our girl, but the world can be cruel, that's why we need to bring you here, out of our grasp, out of our embrace but, always remember you'll always be in our heart. Make sure to know how to fight and be strong. Don't let anyone in. Build your walls higher than any mountains in the world, wait for the time and you will know everything.

I am your mother and your father is beside when I wrote this letter. Your brother is escaping right now. Please do not think that we don't love you. There are just things that get out of control and your life is more important than us. Find your brother when you have reach the right age. He will tell you anything and everything. I hope he escape and doing well right now, but I know he will never bring us down. I'm so so sorry if mama and papa cannot take care of you, sweetie.

You are born and our world was never been happier, but a devil was also reborn. We thought we could stop it, but the prophecy tells us that the only one who can kill him, the devil, was the one who gave life to him. Love, sweetie, we love you very much.

I know, me and your father will be happy from above seeing as you read this. We will be happy in our death knowing you are reading this.

-Your loving family

I can barely smell a small scent of my parents blood on the paper. I don't know if I should be happy, sad or angry or I don't know. I have answers in my questions now. My parents did not just give me up. They want me to live. They want me to go and find my brother. So I will do as I was told.

They're on a war when they put me here. They don't have no choice. They want me safe. They want me alive and I will avenge my parents death. This devil they are talking about will meet his own death in my hands.

But... my brother...

Is he...

Alive?

I know mother have said in the letter that he will never disappoint them, but I have doubts. I don't want to trust anyone who could only make me lose my hope. I know I should trust a family, but how can I if I didn't even recognize even a temporary one? When anyone I thought was going to adapt me killed me with their judgmental eyes with one batt of eyelash, their eyes may held fear, but the fact that they look at me with disgust, made me believe that even a real family of my will fail me. I don't know what to feel anymore, but I know I have to give my trust to my real family. To my brother who will answer every question I have stored in my confused mind.

I understand my parents now. I understand them for what they did. I may suffer from my childhood, but they suffer more.

When I close my eyes a single tear escape from my dead eyes. I smile knowing that I still have, at least small emotion. It's the first time in my life to ever shed a tear and I'm glad it's for my family. My parents. I understand them. I hope to see you brother. Please do not leave me hanging this time.