Chapter 33

Ashley hurdled over Verena's mace, rolling on the ground to regain her composure, though she had landed on her injured shoulder, and that didn't feel too good.

She had to fight through the sparks of pain that flickered through her arm as she swung her knife on it's chain, wrapping it around Verena's mace so she could stop her mid swing before it crashed down into Harley's branch.

He was perched in a half dead tree with his war lute, having built it to resemble a structure of a crossbow, it was definitely a long distance weapon, though it has already proven to be useful as a shield against Verena's mace.

It had hardly been three minutes since the fighting commenced, with Julia taking on Peace, which was a surprise to Ashley considering she was severely outmatched, though her quick reflexes seemed to at least keep herself from getting injured as she was forced into a difficult defense considering Peace dually wielded her wrist spikes. At least Julia had two Sai blades.

Ashley was suddenly jerked forward by Verena's momentum, and almost fell headfirst into the tree if she didn't release the handle for the chain.

The mace had collided with the branch Harley was on, snapping it apart into splinters so Harley fell to the ground.

"TRADE ME!" Julia suddenly shouted and Ashley hardly had time to look up and grab the sai blade out of the air so she could take Peace's attack, stepping between her and Julia.

Julia suddenly ran into one of the bushes and disappeared for a moment.

Ashley had to hold into the hope that she wasn't abandoning them as she heard Harley struggling behind her to keep up with Verena, who had lost her mace, though was still trying to engage in hand to hand combat.

Ashley had just twisted Peace's arm behind her, trapping her wrist between the spokes of the Sai blade, when it happened.

She had glanced over to where Harley and Verena had been, and only then did she realize that they were standing next to a pressure plate.

She was about to yell out as Harley's heel went down on top of it.

It was almost as if Peace herself was watching, wanting to see what was going to happen. But nothing did.

Suddenly Julia emerged from the bushes, and sprung onto Verena's back, Ashley's chain for her blade in her hands as she basically took a piggy back ride on Verena's back, wrapping the chain around her torso.

Peace broke free the instant Julia had Verena wrangled with the chain, shoving Ashley to the ground, using one of her legs to smash into her knee, shattering something.

Ashley crumpled just as Julia put the other end of the chain around Verena into a black box.

The electricity that sparked through the air was visible as it crawled over and around Verena's skin, her face twisting in agony as her voice box seemed to break. Her mouth ajar but no sound came out before she fell in a heap on top of Harley.

Harley did scream however, and he struggled for a second before he pulled himself out of underneath Verena, his hair like it had just had been inside of a static ball.

Peace burst out laughing at the sight, but when a canon went off announcing Verena's death, she snapped back into attention, her face a look of pure outrage that could terrify even the largest most muscular person in Panem.

She flung her wrist with a snap, sending out the spike like a throwing knife so that it implanted into Harley's chest.

Ashley's mouth dropped open as she watched Harley look at the blade, pulling it out of his chest.