𝟏𝟐𝟔. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

Start from the beginning

Another noise from behind alerted the crowd again. Heads turned to see the centaurs firing their bows into their air, arrows flew over the sky in a wide arch like soaring birds before they landed in the edge of the water leaving ripples from where they fell. Elle looked to see that Umbridge was practically shaking as she stared at the centaurs. At least something good came of this day.
The centaurs gave a movement like a salute before galloping back into the trees.

The casket was raised and moved into the ground where an opening had already been buried. The glowing white pierced everyone's eyes for a brief moment before it lowered down into the grave.
The wizards pointed their wands again and a heap of dirt moved over through the air like a great cloud before filling the hole and covering the casket.

Another song could be heard but this one was lighter, coming from the school.
A bright shimmering fiery bird came gliding from around the top tower spreading its wings impressively as it sang a beautiful song.
Words could not describe how Phoenix song sounded, it was supposed to be the most beautiful sound in the world. Elle could see why.

A few people stepped up to lay some flowers over the grave.
They were roses of pure gold glittering in the sunlight. Lowered gently on the grave they stood out against the mass of soil beneath.
And then as soon as it had begun, the ceremony was over. There was another spattering of applause as people went to stand up, some remained seating, some were too busy crying to notice that the event had come to an end.

"Can I go hit Percy?" George muttered to Elle as they saw the pompous ginger standing with a group of ministry officials,
"Normally I would say yes" Elle smiled sadly "but nows not the time"
"How are you lot doing?" Athena and Remus had walked over now hand in hand.

"Alright" Elle nodded "it's just so tragic"
"I know" Remus nodded "did you close the shop up for today?"
"Yeah" Fred replied "in memorial if nothing else"
"I was wondering if we could come back for a bit, there's something I want to tell you" Remus smiled.

"Yeah of course" said Elle.
The group nodded before turning slowly into the darkness and reappearing in the centre of the shop.
Apperating was definitely becoming easier that's for sure.

✰✰✰

The five of them walked up the large steps and into the apartment,
"Tea?" Elle asked as she summoned mugs out of the cupboards. Everyone nodded and Elle made them in about thirty seconds (another perk of having magic)
The heated mugs flew into everyone's hand as they sat around on the two sofas.

"We weren't going to mention it today" Athena began "with all that's happened it didn't seem right but we didn't know when we'd next be seeing you and well... there's not much notice so"
"What's happening?" Asked Elle immediately.
Athena said nothing but instead held up her hand. On one of her fingers sat a small band of gold.

Elle's heart leapt in excitement as her eyes darted between her uncle and Athena.
"No way" Fred gasped and Athena laughed happily,
"Congratulations" Elle jumped up and her uncle stood so she could give him a warming hug,
"You don't mind do you?"

"Mind" Elle laughed "of course I don't mind I'm so happy for you"
"Well done mate" George grinned as he shook Remus' hand,
"Yeah good on ya" Fred added as he took shook his hand.
Elle hugged Athena as well. She was happy to have her as an 'aunt' now, she'd always been so kind and caring towards Elle that it seemed nothing would change at all.

"Let me see the ring then" Elle beamed as she sat next to Athena on the sofa. Meanwhile the twins and Remus had gone to find some drinks to celebrate.
Athena took off the small band of gold and handed it to Elle. It was entirely plain, no stone however on the inside there were small carvings.

Elle gazed at them for a moment before realising what they were,
"The moon phases" Elle gasped and laughed at the same time, she squinted harder and noticed something else,
"Without the-"
"Without the full moon" Athena smiled "it represents how much time we spend together even with the werewolf thing"
"I love it" Elle replied as Athena slipped it back on her finger "it's perfect"

"I was also wondering" Athena smiled "if you maybe... could be a bridesmaid?"
Elle's jaw dropped as she stared at the woman in shock,
"Are you serious?" Elle gasped,
"No she's Athena" Remus called from across the room,
"That joke got old many years ago" Athena replied before turning back to Elle "what do you think?"

"Of course I will!" Elle responded as she hugged Athena again "when's the wedding?"
"Two weeks time" Remus replied as he sat opposite the two girls,
"Only two weeks" Elle gawped "do you have everything prepared"
"Well it's going to be quite a small wedding" Athena assured her "but we have most things sorted"

Despite the heavy day that everyone had experienced this news showed that there was still light at the end of the tunnel despite the dark times they were experiencing.
Elle couldn't be happier for her uncle and Athena. It gave the group something to look forward to, something to remind them that there was good and happiness in the world.
Hopefully they'd always be able to remember that.

✰✰✰