Chapter 7

"Do you have to go somewhere soon?" I ask in the morning. To my delight, we're sharing the bathroom again. Just to brush our teeth, wash up our faces and fix our hair.

Yui covers her mouth as she yawns and then shakes her head. "Let's go to a cafe for breakfast?"

"Yes!"

"It's nearly 10am. Let's go."

We leave the room and take the elevator. It's relaxing and I thankfully don't feel the urge I had last night of making a move on Yui. I'm okay being just friends today.

Yui beelines to the counter and checks out with a bag on her back. I go ahead of her and exit the establishment, casually pretending that I'm a patron of the hotel and not a plus one to Yui's single bedded room because she might get into trouble and ... I blush at what it could look like to the Western looking receptionist. It wasn't as rare to see same-sex couples outside of Japan during our world tours.

Outside, I look around. Drunk and dishevelled people have been replaced by office workers and students focused into getting to their destination. I see sparkly eyed tourists taking their time to absorb the atmosphere and, most likely, the smell of freshly-made food that is in the air. But I feel like eating a burger, and I want one now. I point to a fast-food chain and ask Yui if she has no objections. She doesn't.

After we have ordered, received our food and managed to find a table to sit at. I speak up, "Kinda busy huh?"

"Yeah, surprisingly," Yui replies. She's gingerly picking up her burger to inspect its insides.

I bite the inside of my cheek. "I think they're too busy to notice what you'd prefer to do to that burger," I tease. Yui has a habit of de-constructing her burgers so she can eat the bun, patty with melted cheese, and tomato slices separately. But she only does this in spaces closed to the public.

Yui puffs out her cheeks. "No. ...They might notice."

"Who cares about them."

"Says the one who's worried someone might recognise you with your mouth full of food."

I grin as I take a big bite of my burger with relish. After I have chewed and gulped down a piece of heaven, I remark, "That was ages ago. I'm a changed woman."

"Uh huh." But Yui does go ahead in de-constructing her burger, to my surprise.

We're both very hungry and a bit sleepy so we efficiently eat our food and drink our coffee in silence.

Yui looks to be regretting ordering large-sized fries.

"Are you going to finish that?" I ask.

Yui looks at me and tilts her head. She then takes a fry and holds it up in front of my face.

"Say 'ahh'," Yui finally replies.

She's staring into my eyes intensely.

I gape and Yui takes that opportunity to slide the fry into my mouth.

I try not to choke on it.

Is Yui ... is Yui flirting with me?

I cover my mouth as I chew on it. Maybe this is my chance?

I take a few fries and feed myself.

Yui doesn't feed me again.

And I chicken out.

四四四四

"Did something happen between you and Yui-chan?" Su asks after our practice is over and it's just us two.