𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞. 𝑐𝑜𝑝𝑦𝑐𝑎𝑡

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, they saw another figure float up to Vanya's level, and Valerie let out a small gasp.

Lila, her eyes white and her skin pale, outstretched her arms, and blue energy sucked into her chest as she absorbed it.

Realizing that she was about to release it, Five grabbed Valerie's hand and pulled her backwards, his eyes wide as he muttered, "Shit, shit."

He pulled her back under the table, wrapping his arms around her once more. They felt the wave of energy shake the house, but nothing broke this time, luckily.

"C'mon," Five whispered, beckoning for her to follow as he climbed out and got to his feet.

She followed, dusting off her uniform as she stood up, then stumbling forward and leaning her hands onto the table as she took a short gasp of breath.

"Val, are you—"

Five was cut off as something—or rather, someone—fell through the ceiling, the wood crashing down around them as they dropped to the ground with a loud thud.

"Luther, are you all right?" Five asked rushedly as the two walked over to him, his eyes flickering over the man who was covered in rubble and dust.

Luther groaned, "Oh, I think I swallowed my tongue."

Five rolled his eyes, straightening up as he discerned that Luther was fine (ish). "Luther, if you swallowed your tongue, you wouldn't be talking, you big moron."

"Five, now is not the time to be cute," Valerie muttered, reaching a hand out and attempting to help Luther get to his feet.

"I'm not trying to," Five grumbled as he grabbed onto Luther's other arm and pulled him up.

"What happened?" Luther rasped as he steadied himself, his gaze shifting between the two.

Valerie glanced back at the door before answering, "She must've redirected Vanya's energy wave."

"Yeah, I know, but how?" he questioned.

Suddenly, Five, who had been looking up, shouted, "Watch out!" and pushed both of them to the side.

Valerie and Luther jumped back as a pile of bricks crumbled off of the top of the fireplace and landed on top of Five, concealing them from his view.

"Five!" Valerie cried out, dropping to her knees and beginning to dig through the bricks as Luther did the same.

Suddenly, Lila blinked into the room, causing both of them to jump to their feet and turn their attention toward her.

"Goddammit," Valerie sighed, glancing down at the bricks, where a bit of Five's uniform was peeking through.

"What are you?" Luther growled, his eyes narrowed as he took a step in front of Valerie, concealing her from the attacker's view.

Lila walked towards him, her eyebrows raised as she answered, "Someone who wants to kill your brother."

"Well, that's understandable, Diego fucking sucks." Valerie shrugged, receiving a nod of agreement from Luther.

"Yeah, I was talking about Five," Lila corrected as she stood a few steps away from Luther.

Valerie frowned before shrugging once more. "Yeah, he sucks too."

"But, unfortunately," Luther continued off of her, "they're family, so you're shit out of luck."

He swung his fist at her, but Lila raised a hand and caught his fist with ease. He trembled and scrunched his face as he tried his hardest to push his fist towards her, but to no avail.