Expect the Unexpected

Start from the beginning

"Anything's fine (Y/N). Do whatever you need to feel better." He gave you a quick kiss on the forehead and left you to rest. Steven took care of you whenever you needed it.

____________________________________

(a few days later)

It felt great to not be sick anymore. Your cold had faded away and now you and Steven were having fun like you were used to. He was in the kitchen making some homemade pizza bagels for lunch for the two of you. You were just sitting in the living room cracking jokes as you watched him.

"Like okay, but what if though?" you laughed.

"(Y/N), I seriously don't think that's even close to possible!"

"It was in that one thing we saw the other night!"

"That's because it was in a cartoon!"

You both were dead silent and then burst into laughter at the ridiculous argument. Your phone dinged and you wiped the joyful tears away from your eyes as you went to check your notification.

+++++

Ryan: Hey, I'm sorry. Where did you say you were again? I'll explain when I get there.

+++++

Your heart dropped into your stomach. He was...alive? Your hand flew up to your mouth and you gasped.

"(Y/N)?" Steven said, looking over to you.

"He...he's alive." you said lowly.

"No way..." Steven dropped his bowl and ran over to you. "Your brother?"

You nodded, texting your location to your brother with shaky hands. You couldn't stop thinking of what could have happened to him, how he was going to react when he found out about Steven. Your mind came to a halt.

H e d o e s n ' t k n o w a b o u t S t e v e n . . .

How were you going to tell him? How would he react? What were you going to say when he asked you why you were living with him? This reunion just went from the biggest high to the shakiest of lows. Steven noticed you seemingly freaking out and put a hand on your shoulder. "What's on your mind love?"

"How are we supposed to tell him we're together?" you asked, looking up at your boyfriend with worried eyes.

"I'll handle it, don't worry. If anything, I know how to break shocking news to people I don't know, " Steven chuckled. You gave him a quick hug as you walked out to the stairs to look for your brother. You saw him slowly walking up on the sand. You stood there frozen. You couldn't talk. When he noticed you, he stopped dead in his tracks.

"(Y/N)..."

"Ryan!" you screamed, running down to him. You both ran at full speed to each other. You got to him and hugged him tighter than ever. "I...I thought you were dead! You idiot!" you scolded through tears.

"It was so wrong of me to go off the way I did. I-I don't know what I was thinking. I don't think all the 'I'm sorry's' in the world are going to fix what I did, but I'm so so so sorry!" he pulled away from the hug. "I'm so glad you're okay." Ryan smiled at you.

"I wouldn't be thanks to a certain someone. C'mon, I want you to meet him." you grabbed your brother's wrist and brought him up to the door of Steven's house. Your knight in shining armor stood by his door with a large grin on his face. "Ryan, this is Steven, the boy who saved my life."

Ryan walked up to him and shook his hand. "Thank you. Thank you so much." he said, fighting back tears. Steven gave him a hug and you all walked into the house.

"So, where did you go?" you asked him.

"I'd rather not say. Let's just go with I was roughing it," he said. You understood and nodded. "What about you?"

"Well, I ran off to the beach and wound up with this guy and he offered to let me stay here until I found you, and well, here I am." you looked nervously over to Steven.

"That's not all, is it?"

Dangit. Ryan knew you better than anyone, of course he would be able to notice.

"Why don't I explain?" Steven said, taking Ryan up to his room.

(STEVEN'S POV)

I brought him to my room and closed the door. "Okay so before this gets out of hand, what do you assume is the problem?" I asked in all seriousness.

"You two are dating aren't you?" he asked me, cocking a brow and smirking.

"H-how did you know?" I asked, confused as to how he found out so quickly.

"I know my sister. I've never seen her that happy around anyone before, and I know that she would have to be in a relationship, because I've never even been able to make her smile like that." he looked at me with a soft, but serious, expression.

"And you aren't against it?"

"No, because I want her to be happy. And you seem like you're doing that for her. I trust you Universe. Don't break her heart and we won't have any problems."

"Trust me, I won't. The last thing I want is to lose her," I said, smiling at the thought of being with her.

"Good, now let's go tell her that I'm cool with this before she loses her mind worrying."

We both laughed then headed downstairs.

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(A/N)

IM BACK FROM THE DEAD

I deeply apologize for my lack of updates! School has been absolute chaos for me, but things have cooled down for now, so I'm back to writing! I also apologize about how rushed and short this chapter is, but I wanted to get it out as soon as I could! Thank you all so much for the support (I seriously cannot believe this story is almost at 7k that is INSANE!) and I love you all!

Until next chapter

~ xfandomxgirlx <3