extra: two

The gentle sound of the door closing becomes the last thing Sakusa hears that night. There is no anger, no yelling, not even a bit of arguing, she simply had enough. Exerting no effort to stop her from leaving, Sakusa simply stares at the messy kitchen counter; it isn't the disgusting clutter that enraged him, rather, it's the engagement ring she left him with.

"It can't be helped," Sakusa tells himself before walking out from the kitchen.

Their shared apartment is still the same; she hasn't even gotten any of her things. She simply left. But it already feels too empty, a much too dull. He lies down on the bed, contemplating about everything that just happened.

Sakusa stares at the ceiling, then at the walls filled with photos of him and her. Within the short time of her stay, Y/N already tainted his place with traces of her, making it impossible for him to get her off his mind for even a millisecond.

On top of the bedside, he spots a hair pin or two. He absolutely loathes the sight of this mess. True, there aren't supposed to be hair pins there, but instead, he's reminded of the countless times she styled his curls for no reason.

Sakusa couldn't get a wink of sleep that night.

"She'll come back, right?"

°
°
°
°
°
°
°

"SAKUSA, I WANT MY STUFF BACK," is all he gets three dreadful days later.

Y/N did come back, but not for him.

"What?"

"I said, I want my stuff back," she repeats before letting out a sigh.

"Oh."

"Now can I come in? It won't take long."

"You're, you're really leaving?" he confirms, his brows furrowing in shock and frustration, "So the engagement is-"

"You called it off. Now if you excuse me, I'll just get my things," she tells him before barging in and taking her shoes off.

"Y/N, where did you stay though?" he asks.

"None of business, Sakusa."

"Yes, it is."

"I crashed in Bokuto-kun's place. His girlfriend let me stay," she answers as she heads to the bedroom for her clothes, "But none of Nanao's clothes fit me."

"And where will you be staying now?"

"You don't need to know."

"Don't tell me you'll go to your mom's place? You mean, the countryside? That's miles away," he guesses but she doesn't answer anymore.

"You'll leave Tokyo? For good?"

"What is it to you, Sakusa?!" she raises her voice, not looking behind.

"Y/N," he mumbles.

"We're over. I'm leaving. That's it," she adds, trying to sound deadpan and emotionless. But it's a futile attempt as she struggles to ignore the tears piling up.

"No, Y/N, please," he says while walking closer to her, approaching her for an embrace from behind, "Y/N."

She feels his arms wrap around her body, making her drop the clothes she's packing. "Let go of me, Sakusa," she demands, a tear dripping down on her cheek.

"No, I can't."

"I can't do this anymore," she sobs, feeling a lump on her throat.

"Stay, stay with me, Y/N," he says, his tone growing softer, weaker, more vulnerable, "Here, in Tokyo, with me. This is our home."

"But I can't fix myself for you. Trust me, I, I've tried, I've tried so many times to make myself perfect for you," she cried out, "But I can't."

"I'm sorry, Y/N, I'm sorry," he mumbles, his chin buried on her shoulder.

"Love me again, please," he adds, tightening his hold.

"I've never stopped loving you."

"So let's start again, Y/N, let's start over."

"Start over?"

"Let me court you again. I'll love you forever."

"But I'm scared."

"Of? Of what?" he asks. She removes his hands off her to face him, but he places them back on her waist right after.

"That we'll reach this point again, and then, I won't live up to your standards. Again," she answers.

"No, that was my mistake. I don't even want to call it off," he admits, "I just need a chance. I want to marry you, Y/N. I want to spend my years with you. Grow old with you."

"Why do you make it so hard for me to leave?" she sobs, wiping her tears away, "I just want this pain to end but-"

"Let me," he says and pulls her closer to him, embracing her again.

"Let me make it up to you," he continues; she could feel the vibrations of his deep voice on his chest. This warmth was what she had always known to be home. It always will be.

"Do you think it'll work this time?" she asks, looking up at him.

"We'll make it," he reassures, just before he plants a kiss on her forehead, "I know we will."