15 ' if it's you

The next day, the two prepare for a picnic date, as suggested by Amari to celebrate their first month together. Malls, amusement parks, arcades were all a big no since Sakusa hated crowds with passion. She only manages to convince him when she said that the park isn't usually bursting with people even on weekends.

Sakusa can be very particular about the time and five minutes before 2PM, their agreed time, he's already at her door, ready to pick her up. However, the moment she opens it and peeks at the door, Sakusa figured she has just finished taking a bath.

"You said 2PM, right?" he sighs.

"Yes, yes, I'll be ready in 5 minutes, I promise!" she exclaims and opens the door.

He surveys her from head to toe, observing her nice figure despite his annoyance. "Are you going out in that?" he asks in a dead tone.

"No, these are like, my night clothes," she answers and closes the door. She looks at herself as well and realizes she wasn't wearing a bra. Impulsively, she covers her chest with her arm, flustered and now red.

"Omi, you pervert," she hisses, pouting.

"What?"

"Are you having lewd thoughts in your head?" she clicks her tongue, "Not that I mind."

"What?"

"Nothing! I'll get changed and do my makeup now."

"Hurry up, you have 4 minutes," he adds, trying not to stare this time.

"Okay!"

Park

2:34PM

"I told you it isn't as crowded," Amari reminds while placing the blanket on the ground, "What kind of food did you bring?"

"Mom made bento for us," he answers.

"W-what? She did?"

"Yeah, what did you bring, Emi?"

"I made dessert and some onigiri," she tells him as they sit down.

"You can bake?" he wonders, "Didn't you almost set the kitchen on fire on home economics?"

"How did you know about that? And, no, I, I didn't!"

"Everyone knows."

"Anyway, my sister helped me with it," she answers, "I did not set our kitchen on fire."

"If you say so," he chuckles and puts away his mask. He brings out the bento boxes from his bag and Amari stares as he reveals its contents.

"Wieners," she laughed at the octopus-shaped sausages. "Alright, let's eat," she continues.

Itadakimasu!

Amari excitedly munched on the food his mother made for her and it isn't so hard for Sakusa to tell that she was overjoyed by it. "You like her bento that much?" he asks with a faint smile.

"Mother in law made it, I have to cherish it," she agrees and nods.

"Mother in law, thinking so far ahead now huh?"

"Is that a bad thing, Omi?"

"No, not really. It's nice," he answers, which surprises her.

"Oh my god, you're not my Omi, aren't you? Where did you take my Omi?" she says and softly grips on his shoulder, pretending to be serious.

"I say one nice thing and you react like this?" he laughs, shocking her.

"Sorry, sorry, I'm too used to tsundere Omi," she chuckles before letting go of his shoulder. She continues eating, and so does he.

"Emi, why do you like me?" he asks out of the blue.

"Wow, you're full of surprises today."

"Fine, don't answer it," he hisses, reverting to his tsundere side.

"Okay, well, remember that time in middle school? When I cried on your desk?"

"No, I don't remember."

"Well, whatever. You gave me a handkerchief and I swear my heart did skip a beat!"

"That's it? I gave you a handkerchief?" he confirms, brows knitting in confusion.

"Yeah, then I started going to your games, admiring how cool you were," she adds.

Sakusa, still confused about how her feelings started, puts down his bento and grabs something from his jacket pocket. He fishes out his handkerchief and presents it to her, leaving her as confused as he is.

"Take it," he instructs, which she cluelessly follows.

"What?"

"What?"

A moment of silence takes over before Amari realizes what he's trying to do. She takes it and though she was suppressing her chuckles, bursts out laughing.

"What?" he panics.

"You're too cute!" she remarks in between her laughter.

"I liked you because you were kind, not the handkerchief," she clarified as soon as she stopped laughing. "Were you trying to make my heart skip a beat like before?" she teased.

"I'll take that back," he clicks his tongue.

"Nu uh, it's mine now," she rejects.

"Fine."

"But my heart's going doki doki now," she giggles, looking at him in the eye.

"Really?"

Amari nods her head and puts down her bento. Her hand holds his left, which left Sakusa curious. "What?" he asks again but she remained quiet. She leads his hand on her chest, immediately making him blush. "I told you, my heart's racing," she finally speaks.

"You believe me now?" she laughs.

"I, I can't tell," he answers, shaking his head.

"Oh? Are my clothes in the way?" she teases. A mischievous smile forms on her lips as she sees his cheeks dipped in a shade of red.

"You idiot."

"I'm kidding, we're in public," she jokes and places his hand on her neck instead. "There, I'm sure you can tell by now," she continues.

"What a tease you are."

Afterwards, they try the brownies and mini cupcakes she made and Amari glues her eyes on his reaction. "Well? Well? Is it good?" she inquires.

"Is this the first time you baked?"

"Wow, is it that bad? You could tell?" she asks.

"It's good," he answers.

"Really?"

"You just want me to compliment these again," he says while shaking his head.

She lets out a giggle again before lying down on the blanket, now observing the clear sky.

"What a nice weather," she comments and closes her eyes, "Lie next to me, Omi."

"We just ate, Emi."

"Yes, yes. If you won't lie next to me, then."

"Then what?"

Amari moves her body closer to Sakusa sitting down, then rests her head on his lap. "Then this," she says, "This is okay, right?"

"Not that I mind."

"Then I'll take that as a yes, Omi."

Sakusa gazes at the scenery, the gently breeze stroking his curls. Amari tries to burn this image of him into her memory, and she lifts an arm to reach locks of his hair.

"This is okay too, right?" she asks as she slowly caresses his hair.

"If it's you," he mutters an answer, "then I don't mind."

They spend the rest of the day lying down on the blanket, killing time by spilling random stories. By dawn, they decide to call it a day and go home, both feeling fulfilled. He walks her home and they say goodbye.

"Thanks for today, Omi."