𝟏𝟐𝟒. 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

Začít od začátku

Elle began to see flashes of light as they rounded another corridor,
"Please be careful" Remus turned looking at both Elle and Athena who both nodded at him. She suddenly felt fear of what she was getting herself into but it was too late now. She wanted to help.

The fight was raging below the door that Elle knew led up to the tower. There were about eight death eaters lobbing curses everywhere.
"They've blocked the stairs!" Came a yell, Elle turned to see Tonks who had noticed the groups arrival. She was sporting her favourite bubblegum pink hair.

A curse hit the wall directly beside Elle and she turned to se a large blonde death eater throwing curses off so fast that they were hitting off every surface.
"Ginny why the hell are you here?" Fred yelled as he deflected a curse aiming for him. Ginny didn't reply, she was fighting against another death eater.

Shouts of spells echoed off the walls as the corridor kept getting illuminated with light before falling back into partial darkness.
Remus had jumped forward and was helping Professor McGonagall fight a rather furious death eater while the twins had run to the aid of their younger sister and older brother.

Elle saw Layla duelling a large death eater with matted hair and a wide grin. She didn't know who he was but he definitely gave her the creeps.
"Elle" a voice came softly from her left and she turned to see the last person that she wanted to come across.
Theo.

She just stared at him. The softness of his voice suggested that they weren't cursing him anymore but Elle knew that the harsh glint in his eyes said differently,
"STUPIFY!" Elle yelled aiming her wand at her brothers chest. He deflected the spell easily,
"Impedimenta" she tried again but he was too fast for her.

Lights flashed out his wand without him saying anything and Elle had to concentrate hard to deflect all of them quickly. She remembered from the DA meetings that non verbal magic was a lot more useful in duels. She'd never been in a proper duel before and she definitely wouldn't have wished her first to be against her cursed brother.

She started to try and use stunning spells without yelling them out, maybe then she could catch him off guard. However he was still to fast for her. He had more experience after all.
"They're controlling you Theo" she yelled as she deflected another one of his spells silently. He just smirked at her evily without replying.

Suddenly there was a horrible scream from the right of them. Elle and Theo both turned and Elle gasped to see the body of Bill lying covered in blood on the floor.
The brunette saw the man who was been fighting Layla before was standing over him with blood around his mouth. Elle understood now that the man was Layla's father, the werewolf. It was unsettling to see him attack even without the full moon.

Elle stood looking at Bill in shock. Ginny was the one who had screamed, Elle saw that Layla herself was unconscious in the corner. Fred and George looked livid as they aimed both of their wands at the man and started firing spells at him.
Remus and McGonagall were taking on two death eaters now. One of the big blonde death eaters spells must have rebounded on him as he was lying dead on the floor.

"Crucio"
Elle turned her head back to Theo in surprise. But she was too late.
The pain hit her like a ton of bricks, every fibre of her body was on fire. It was burning. Everything hurt.
She couldn't hear anything any more except the screaming in her mind, or was she actually screaming?
Her eyes were clamped shut as she felt the pain rush through her, it was controlling her.

She wanted it to stop. Suddenly death seemed like a good option. Nothing could be worse than this pain.
Everything was aching and burning as though her own body had turned against her.
Her mind was growing confused, it was shutting down, voices were ebbing into whispers and the yells around her couldn't be distinguished, was it all inside her head?

Her skull was surely splitting open, her bones must be breaking, her skin must be burning.
That's what it felt like. There was no escape, there was nothing she could do.
The screaming in her head grew louder and louder. It's all she could focus on. The high pitched terrified noise, full of pain, full of anguish, full of sadness.

Was she dying yet?
All around her was darkness and maybe the pain was getting better. Her bones still ached and her skin still burned but it was leaving now. Wasn't it?
"Elle!" Was that her dad calling. It must be. He'd come to help her like he'd always done.

"Elle!" She could hear him clearer now as the pain faded away more and more and the screaming became faint.
Her dad was coming to get her. She knew he was.
"Elle!" Her eyes opened.

She was lying on the floor, her wand just a reach away. Confusion took over her, where was she? What had happened?
Yells we're continuing all around her but the screaming had stopped now.
Her face turned and she saw her uncle leaning over her, waking her up. It wasn't her dad after all.

Flashes of light were flying around. Barely any time had passed, but it had felt so long, she'd been in pain for ages she had to be.
"Elle are you ok?"
Theo was lying on the floor a few feet away unconscious. Someone had managed to knock him out. Someone had stopped him cursing her.

"I'm fine" Elle replied as her head started clearing, her thoughts were making more sense to her now as the situation around her presented itself.
"Fine" she repeated as she grabbed her wand.
Green light flashed all around and Remus ducked rapidly as one spell zoomed over the top of his head.

He helped her up,
"You should go" Remus yelled,
"No I'm staying" Elle protested as she deflected a spell flying towards her. Remus looked as though he were about to argue before the trap door opened.

Figures were running down out of it now. Five of them. Elle saw Snape pushing Draco Malfoy forward. Were they running from the death eaters?
Bellatrix Lestrange came next, she was smiling in glee as she stepped over Bill's body lying on the floor. Elle noticed that the unconscious Weasley was still breathing.

The last two death eaters followed quickly, shooting spells as the group. Elle deflected every one perfectly. She tried to stun one of the death eaters but they deflected it like she had done.
"Come on boy" Bellatrix yelled to Theo was was slowing waking up. Elle saw a look of confusion on his face.

"Theo" Elle mouthed at him. His eyes were filled with regret and fear as he stared at her. He began to shake his head slowly.
Then Bellatrix placed her wand at the back of his head and muttered something. His eyes turned a milky white and the look was gone replaced by cold nothingness.

He jumped up and followed the death eaters as they began to make a run for it. Elle stood stationary. For a moment she thought she'd gotten her brother back.
They were all running now.
The trap door opened again and Elle saw Harry Potter running out of it, tears were streaming down his face and he looked intent upon killing.

Ginny yelled after him but he chose to ignore her as he hurtled over the body of the large blonde death eater and disappeared down the corridor.
"We need to get Bill and Layla to the hospital wing now" McGonagall called. The death eaters were gone, the fight was over. But what had happened?

✰✰✰