Prologue

The boy touched the little, red buds on the girl's back.

"Stop that, it tickles!" The small figure giggled.

The boy's face remained unwavered, studying the two studs that had recently started to grow on the girl's back.

They reminded the boy of his friend when they were younger, very much alike to the little person in front of him.

"I thought it'd hurt. Not tickle." The boy told the girl.

"No, it definitely tickles. I can feel the feathers. Hey, what if it had hurted?" The girl whined. The boy cocked his head to one side.

"Well, it's not my fault you're a little birdie." He said, with a hint of slyness to his tone.

He didn't try to resist when the girl pushed him over, tackling him. To him, she was causing zero harm whatsoever.

Not annoyed at all, he said to the girl, "I take that back. You're being more annoying than you are being birdie."

"I'd rather be a birdie, then." The little girl pouted while saying.

The boy's features softened. He sighed. "I never said it was your fault. You obviously got it from your brother."

The girl's eyes beamed at the mention of her older brother. "The birdie part? Or the annoying part?" She asked her friend.

The little boy laughed. "Both."