Lone (HB x Reader) | Sad Fluff

"Please come back," she begged softly, tears streaming down her face as she sobbed into her palms. The night was completely quiet, nothing could be heard except for her weeps and hiccups.

The young girl sat curled up in the sheets into the corner where her bed met the wall. She lifted her knees to hug them, never having felt so cold and alone before.

It's been 3 months. He said he'd come back, he promised me.

[Y/N] glanced up at the empty bedroom she was in. She repeatedly considered going back to his Nether castle, but she knew that the feeling of emptiness would only engulf her even more. She kept remembering his words, they echoed in her head. All she wanted was to hear his deep and reassuring voice again.

"Stay here. I won't be gone long."

The thoughts made her vision blur with tears, and she tried to gulp them back down, only for them to come back ten times harder. [Y/N] leaned her head into her arms and sobbed to her knees, defeated.

After a while, her crying eventually died down, a sensation of exhaustion sweeping over her, giving her a headache. She wiped her face, then slowly got off her bed to go to her bathroom, sniffling.

Dipping her hands into the cool water in the sink, she washed her face, then looked up in the mirror at her tear-stained cheeks.

"Fuck my life..." she murmured, sighing tiredly and pushing herself off the counter to go to bed and maybe sleep it all off.

She climbed into her bed and shut her eyes, hugging her pillow, and eventually being pulled into a deep slumber.

...

[Y/N] felt the touch of a hand across her cheek, breathing softly in her sleep and twitching a bit. She gave a soft whine and hugged the pillow tighter, as the stranger continued to pet her cheek.

"[Y/N]...? Come on, wake up... Wake up, sweetheart..."

She mewled, then slowly fluttered her eyes open to the pitch black darkness. She turned to see who was petting her, then jumped in surprise and yelped out loud, afraid.

She then sat up to look at him more directly, her eyes lighting up. "Hero...?"

He smiled softly and opened his arms, nodding, and chuckling a bit as she rushed to hug him tightly. He began to rub her back as she started to sob heavily into his chest.

"I-I thought you were dead!" she cried out, clutching his coat strongly and feeling her tears run down her face. But she was happy, she was so happy that he was finally back to hold and cherish her.

"I'm so sorry, my darling. I did not think I would be gone for that long," he murmured, his heart aching at the sounds of her distressted wails. He held her as closely as possible, continuing to rub her back and play with her soft hair.

"I love you, darling. I'm sorry. Do you want to go back to sleep..?"

[Y/N] sniffled and hiccuped, swallowing back her tears and nodding as he picked her up and layed down in her bed.

Hero held her close and safely, patting her back until she finally fell back asleep in his arms, sighing and resting against the bed. He closed his eyes as well eventually, holding his girlfriend protectively in his sleep.