Half way through the waltz, we swap partners and I end up with Kol. "You look stunning dear sister, a few years older and we'd be dueling all the boys looking to court you" he tells me.

"You know I don't care about boys" I remind him.

"Good, keep it that way" he tells me.

"Why don't you defend Rebekah's hand?" I ask him confused.

"She can take care of herself" he tells me. "But we'll be there as back up if she ever needed it" he adds. I smile and he picks me up twirling me around. Making me giggle. The dance ends and I go looking for Elijah. I find him with Elena.

"Ah Elena, allow me to introduce you to my youngest sister Heidi. Heidi this is Elena Gilbert" Elijah says introducing us.

"Hello Elena, I must say you look lovely in that dress" I tell her smiling.

"Thank you, you look very pretty" she says.

"Now I understand our mother requested to see you" Elijah says looking at Elena.

"Uh, yeah. Why, is something wrong?" Elena asks him.

"Well, her ability to forgive my brother after everything he's done to destroy this family strikes me as a little strange to say the least" Elijah tells her.

"Do you think that it's an act?" I ask him sadden by the thought.

"It has me asking questions I never thought I'd ask. Can I depend on you to tell me what she says?" he asks Elena.

"Of course. I'll find you later, okay?" she asks him and she nods her head. She goes upstairs to talk to our mother.

"Do you really think mother is up to something?" I ask Elijah.

"I don't know, I pray I am wrong" he tells me. "Come, lets rejoin the party" he adds. We rejoin the party. When Elena returns we go to her.

"So how was our mother?" I ask her curious.

"Intense" she says.

"And for what reason did she need to speak with you in private?" Elijah asks her. A waiter comes over with three glasses. One with sparkling water, which I take and the other two with champagne. Which Elijah takes and offers one to Elena. "Elena? Should we be concerned about our mother's intentions?" he asks her.

"She just wanted to apologize for trying to have me killed" Elena tells him.

"So it's true, then? She's forgiven Klaus?" we ask her.

"It's true" she tells us. Crystal rings and we look up at mother on the staircase.

"Good Evening, Ladies and Gentleman. Waiters are coming around with champagne. I invite you all to join me in raising a glass. It provides me with no greater joy then to see my family back together as one. I'd like to thank you all for being part of this spectacular evening. Cheers!" she says. We all repeat 'cheers' and drink from our glasses.

Finn walks over to us. "Heidi, there are horses out front. Do you wish to see them?" he asks me. I nod my head and he leads me outside placing his jacket around my shoulders. We approach the horse drawn carriages. He lifts me up so I can pat the horse's head.

"They're gorgeous" I tell him smiling. "Remember, when you and Klaus would teach me to ride?" I ask him.

"Yes, you were a fast learner" he says smiling.

"I miss it and our old life. I miss Henrik" I tell him sadly.

"Hey, it's ok" he says hugging me stroking my hair. "As long as we're all together, everything will be alright" he assures me. "Do you want to go back inside?" he asks me and I nod my head. We go back inside and hear glass break. We go to see a guy standing over Kol, who has a snapped neck. Finn has me look away and holds me close.

"Damon! Are you crazy?" I hear a guy demand.

"Maybe a little" another says. He must be the one who hurt Kol. "Far be it from me to cause a problem" he says and I hear him walk away. Klaus comes over to me and lifts me up into his arms.

"Don't look Heidi, he'll wake soon" he tells me.

"I want Dad" I tell him pouting.

"I know, but he's gone" he tells me gently. "How about we go to my art room and you can paint?" he suggests. I nod my head and he carries me to his art room. He gets me a blank convas, an easel, paint and brushes. With his help I paint a horse, while he did a drawing of one with a girl. I recognize her as his date from tonight. He must really like her. Afterwards I go to bed.

A/N

Picture above of Heidi's Mikaelson ball outfit and on the external link of everyone gathered for Elijah's announcement.