Four

Mia froze, "Uhm, what?"

The girl started pacing while her twin looked amused.

"I should've seen it sooner!" She said, "Green Arrow appears just after your friend goes dark on social media. William denies wearing the hood, but you can't because you're never asked. Your father used to be the Green Arrow so it would make sense that you're carrying out his legacy. Then, a few weeks ago, you rescue me from that idiot Trevor!"

Mia looked at the twins but didn't say anything.

'You can tell them, Mia,' Mia heard Laurel's voice in her ear, 'As long as they promise to keep it a secret.'

"Oh!" The girl stopped talking, "I'm Lark, by the way, she/her. That's my twin, Finch."

Finch nodded to Mia, "They/them."

Mia blinked, then collected her bearings, "Mia Queen, uhm, she/her. Listen, can you two meet me at my father's statue tonight at eleven? I promise I will explain everything."

Lark looked at Finch and signed, "I think it's fine."

"Of course, you think it's fine, Birdie," Finch rolled their eyes, clearly mocking their sister, "But in all seriousness - why not?"

Lark's eyes brightened, "Really?" She turned to Mia when Finch nodded, "We'll see you then."

"Do you really think this is a good idea?" Finch asked their sister as they walked through the darkened trees of Star City Memorial Park.

Lark rolled her eyes and signed, "Yes. She's the Green Arrow. It'll be fine."

"What if she's not the Green Arrow?" Finch stopped walking at the base of the statue of Oliver Queen that was put up twenty years ago.

"She is."

The twins turned to see, not Mia, but the Green Arrow drop from a tree, bow in hand. She removed her mask but kept the hood.

"This is so cool!" Lark squealed. Finch patted her shoulder, their own jaw dropped.

"Look, I need you two not to tell anyone about me. The -"

"Lives of yourself and the people you love depends on it," Finch finished, "We've read enough comic books."

"So," Mia looked between them, "Can I trust you?"

The twins looked at each other, then back at Mia.

"Our lips are sealed. Nobody will know," Lark promised, "But, we could help you."

Finch slapped their sister, who glared at them.

"What?" She asked, "It's true. I'm a good hacker, and Finch is taking classes in medicine. If this turns into anything like the '10s, you're going to need the help."

Mia groaned under her breath. They weren't wrong, she and Dinah and Laurel could use someone more adept at both first aid and computers.

"Let me talk to my team," she said finally.

"Wait, so, you and the Canaries, you're actually, like, a team?"

Mia nodded, "Of course," she pulled her mask back up, "One week, right here. I'll bring my answer then."

"We can help you find your brother!" Lark called after her as Mia started to leave.

Mia froze, she tapped her comm once, "They say they can help find William."

'Can we trust them?' Dinah's voice came through.

Laurel spoke next, 'They already know who Mia is, plus I just ran a quick background check on them - no priors.'

"So we've agreed?" Mia turned back around to the twins when Dinah and Laurel both voiced their consent, "Meet me at the Fish Net bar."

"The Green Arrow and the Canaries' hideout is... in a bar?"

Mia shrugged and tipped her head, "Technically, it's above a bar."

"You really couldn't think of anything original?" Lark crossed her arms, "Wasn't your dad's original base bellow his club?"

Finch grinned and nodded, making a sign with their hands.

"What did you say?" Mia turned to Finch.

Lark stepped up, "Oh, uh, they said 'That also was a bar'."

Mia rolled her eyes, "Right, yeah, okay. Fish Net Bar - will I see you?"

Lark nodded, "We'll be there."

Mia left the park, keeping high above the streets by running from rooftop to rooftop. Star City was quiet that night - no one getting beat up, no robberies, no car chases. Silence. Out of the corner eye, Mia could see Lark and Finch walking on the sidewalk beneath her. Mia fired an arrow to Dinah's building, which was now in view and zipped across it, landing on the Black Canary's balcony.

"Look what the cat dragged in," Laurel was on a computer at the table and barely looked up when Mia entered the loft.

Dinah took Mia's bow and quiver and put them by the case where Mia kept her suit in her off-hours, "Are they on their way?"

"Yes," Mia rejoined the Canaries when she changed into skinny jeans and a loose short-sleeve. Dinah helped her pack away her leather suit, then Mia went downstairs to wait for the twins. She saw Lark first, despite the dark gray turtle neck, faux black leather jacket, and black beanie. Finch was dressed much more colorfully in a white and blue jacket, light blue beanie, and light gray polo, but they hung behind their sister.

"This is your base of operations?" Lark looked around the closed bar.

"I was expecting more," Finch shrugged, shouldering past Mia into the building.

Lark put a hand on her shoulder, "Ignore them."

"Right, yeah," Mia nodded, "Okay. Uhm," she led the twins upstairs, "Uh, Lark, Finch, these are the Canaries - Dinah Drake and Laurel Lance. Guys, this is Lark and Finch Loset."

"Welcome to the team," Dinah smiled at the two. Laurel raised her glass of scotch in greeting but didn't say anything.

"No... way..." Lark immediately ran to the group of computer monitors that were set up at the corner of the room, "This is the Smoak Monitor, model 557G!"

Laurel raised an eyebrow, "You're just like Felicity."

Mia laughed, as did Dinah. If Lark heard the comment, she paid no attention to it.

"That means - oh, COOL! The new Flight-Fingers keyboard, which would make this the Smoak Tech Ultimate Hover Mouse and TrackPad!" She looked up from the devices and, deadpan, said, "Half the touch, twice the sensitivity."

Finch crossed their arms, "So, what exactly do we do here?"