Chapter Seven: Seeing Him

"She looked beautiful, even more beautiful than before and I didn't even think that that was possible

"She looked beautiful, even more beautiful than before and I didn't even think that that was possible." -Ahmed Abdulrahman, FH.

CHAPTER SEVEN: Seeing Him

Amara Abdullahi

I let out an exasperated sigh as I sat down on a random chair in the furniture section of the store that we were in. Man, who knew shopping could be so tiring? Especially shopping for decorations! They're just decorations for crying out loud but Amelia wants everything to perfect and to precisely color coordinated. "Are we done yet?" Hamid complained. Call it twin telepathy or whatever but I already know what he's thinking and it's probably along the lines of, "I need to get out of here!' You and me buddy, you and me both.

"No." Amy said as she looked through her check list.

"Please can we hurry this up?" Zubair asked while sitting down next to Jamal and Hamid. Just like before, a group of girls walked by pointing and staring at my brother, Jamal and Zubair. Ugh, I hate girls like that. They just see guys they think are 'attractive' and immediately fan-girl and start whispering about them. Do they seriously have no life? I think not.

"We're almost done! Come on everything has to be perfect for my brother. He's very picky you know?" Amy explained, getting annoyed that we were all sitting.

"Yeah we know, let's just finish this." I said with a sigh. "Okay, let's split up, Jamal you can go get the banners, Amara and Hamid can go get the cake and Zubair and I could get the paper plates and napkins" Amy suggested. As long as I'm not paired with Zubair then I'm happy. My brother let out a sigh as a look of realization dawned on his features.

"Actually I also need to get something for Mahi so can we switch it around?" He asked as he stood up as well. No, no, no! Please say no! I don't feel like being annoyed today! Okay, maybe I should Zubair the benefit of the doubt? I mean he's not that bad, right?

"Fine."

Thanks a lot best friend, I mentally groan.

* * *

"Come on hurry it up! You're slower than my harabeoji!" I complained. Oops, you see when I'm annoyed I kind of just mix in some Korean while speaking English. It's a bit of a bad habit that I have ever since I was little kid. "Grandpa? That's what harabeoji means right?" Zubair asked as he parked the cart in the line for the cake. How did he know what it meant? I couldn't help but wonder. I slowly raised an eyebrow at him and he laughed. "My little sister watches Korean dramas a lot so... I picked up a few things here and there." He explained with a shy look on his face.

"Yeah, that's what it means." I replied in a bored tone. How long is this line going to take? I can't stand just standing here in this awkward silence. "I have something to tell you, well more like show you." Zubair said as he dug in his pocket. What does he want? Oh my Lord please give me patience.