Ten-and-a-Half

Rakim

I grabbed a vase off of the table in the hallway. As Mr. Rowe looked up at me, I smashed it over his head and ran towards the sound of Ashleigh's voice. When I got there, I noticed Mrs. Rowe and some guy I'd never seen before. Ashleigh was trying to uncuff their hands, but her hand was unsteady with fear.

I grabbed the key from her and keyed both sets of handcuffs and helped Mrs. Rowe to a chair.

"Rakim, this is Solana's real dad." Ashleigh finally spoke.

"Huh?" I breathed.

"Her real-"

"NYPD! Open up!" Came after a few rounds of loud bangs erupted at the front door, we all looked at one another.

"I've got it," I dashed down the stairs and welcomed the officers in. I only noticed one detective and that was Coogler.

Everyone looked around at the mess downstairs.

"What happened?" Coogler inquired first.

"Well..." I began.

About ten minutes later, I'd given him the whole spiel from how I had a hunch that Kendrick and Isaiah were somehow tied into this mess, to tonight's events. Well, now it was about three a.m.

"Alright," Detective finally spoke after flipping his notepad closed.

"The others are upstairs. Ashleigh, Mrs. Rowe, Lana's pops, and Mr. Rowe." I pointed up the stairs and followed him up. He took statements from the other three and then another officer handcuffed Mr. Rowe.

A smile spread across my face, but then I frowned. We'd been through all of this, but Solana was still missing.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Ashleigh nudged me as we sat in chairs in the precinct.

"Solana's still gone," I replied.

Ashleigh smiled, "You like her... Don't you?"

I scoffed, "Of course, we're best friends."

"No, Rakim. More than friends." Ashleigh urged.

I shook my head and sighed, "Ash, you be trippin'. I'm just tryna find my home girl."

She smirked a looked away, "Okay," She sounded unconvinced.

Did I like her?

"Good news," Detective Coogler walked up to us with a coffee for Ashleigh. "We got a little something out of Rowe. Like you suggested, Rakim, Kendrick and Isaiah are in on this. Not initially, they were trapped and threatened. No worries though, the two agreed to come in for questioning. Kendrick knows where she's being held, so she should be back in no time."

I smiled as Ashleigh hugged me. "Oh my God! Thank you Jesus."

The detective smiled and chuckled a little, "Yeah, in the meantime, you guys should go on home and get some-"

"Ashleigh Markel Carborson!" Erupted from the doors to the precinct. "Why would you go back to that house?!" Her mother.

I laughed as Ashleigh rolled her eyes and glared at me.

"Are you okay, baby?" Ashleigh nodded, "Good," She smacked Ashleigh and I stopped laughing.

Damn. I knew Ms. C didn't play but... Damn! I laughed a little bit more and she looked at me.

"Rakim, you were with her? I ought to smack you too. I'm calling yo' mama right now. Wait til she hears about this shit!" She ranted.

I rolled my eyes and this time Ashleigh laughed.

"Hey, Angie." Ms. C greeted, "Look, Rakim and Ashleigh are down here at the precinct. They done tried to be some muh'fuckin Sherlocks and could've gotten killed," She paused, "Oh no, he ain't locked up girl. That's what you thought the station called you for?" Mrs. C and Ashleigh laughed.

I rolled my eyes again. She always thinking somebody getting locked up or some shit.

"Yeah, I'll bring him home." She smiled, "Alright, bye."

R.I.P A$AP YAMS... YOU WILL BE MISSED.