Three-and-a-Half

Ashleigh

As soon as the bus came to a stop, I hurried off and into the school. I couldn't believe what had happened over the last month. My best friend, was gone, and now, I had no idea where Isaiah or Kendrick was. So, it was pretty safe to say that I was an official loner. I don't fuck with people the long way.

Solemnly, I twisted my combination to my locker in and sighed noticing the pictures of Lana and I, Isaiah and I, and Lana and I on double dates with the guys. This was hitting me pretty hard, but I couldn't imagine how crazy Lana's parents must've been feeling.

That reminded me, my mother and I were going over to pay them another visit tonight. Really, I didn't know what to expect. The last time we saw them was when Lana first went missing and Mr. Rowe wasn't exactly upset. I assumed thataybe he wasn't grieving yet, maybe he was holding it in. And weird. He was acting so very weird. Maybe now he was feeling better. Mrs. Rowe, well that was another story, she was in shambles. Runny make-up, snot, and bloodshot red eyes. And let's not even go there about those horrendous bags under her eyes. I felt for her though. I couldn't imagine losing a child.

"Ms. Carborson." I rolled my eyes. Anyone knew that voice. Officer Jenkins, the school resource officer that thought highschool was the real world and a the people who fought were murder suspects and victims. I turned around and grinned,

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Shouldn't you been in class. It only started six minutes ago."

My eyes grew wide as I clutched my books, slammed the locker shut, and ran up to my fourth period class. About thirty minutes in, there was a light tap on the door. I sat right next to it, conscious of Mr. Tomlinson's hawk eyes, I cracked the door open and peeped out.

Isaiah.

"Come outside, Leigh." He whispered.

I looked at Tomlinson who seemed not to notice. Biting the inside of my cheek in weighed my options. Maybe he had something important to tell me. But, why had he been away from school for almost a week now? And leaving my texts unread for two. Don't even get me started on all the missed calls. But, I still liked him very much.

Sighing, I raised my hand and once the teacher called on me, I excused myself to the "bathroom" to speak to Isaiah.

"Hey, baby." he placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer.

I didn't embrace him like he'd probably expected. Instead, I crossed my arms and looked down the hallway. He sighed and let go.

"I'm sorry. I can't stay long though. I didn't come to talk about us, it's about Solana." My eyebrows perked up.

"Lana?!" I exclaimed jubilantly, "Where is she?"

He sighed and pursed his lips, "I don't know how to tell you this... Kendrick... She... I-"

"What about him?" I gasped and slapped his arm, "They ran off together?! I knew he was no good for her!"

"No, not Kendrick. She's not... With Kendrick."

"Then where is she."

"We've been in hiding. We-..."

"C'mon, 'Saiah. Let me know something," I urged.

"Solana and I ran off together."

Isaiah Rashad in the MultiMedia