Part Five

I woke up slowly, trying to process everything that was happening. Please remember the actual absurdness that happened the day before. It's perfectly reasonable that it all could've been a dream, probable really. Alright fancy talk ends now. 

It had not been a dream. 

I slowly opened my eyes, yawning. Attempting to turn over, I found myself blocked. By a body. The body of Zuko the Fire Prince. You'd think I'd panic and begin to try to get away from his protective grip around my waist. I didn't panic, I was actually really pleased that it hadn't been a dream. The second thing I noticed, was the small body of Betee curled up pressing against my chest. The bight pink mended cut still looking tender and if strained would pop open at any second. I was relieved that I had healed it properly. The third thing I noticed was probably the thing I should have noticed first. 

A giant spear like icicle was poised threateningly over Zuko's head. Point down, floating in midair. A very angry water bender, bending it at the foot of the bed. I glanced around Toph and Sokka were hurriedly hiding what looked like the knocked out body of the creepy lodger. When Katara noticed I was awake, the icicle quivered. Her face split into an ecstatic grin, it looked like she was holding back tears. 

"Aang, thank the monks we found you!" She whispered so she didn't wake her snoring hostage. Who in fact was very warm, and comfy. The arm around my waist, was in the dip between my torso and lower parts. It was warm, and had a slightly protective edge to it. Instead of freaking out at the contact, I had grown used to touching him. And no not like that you perverts. 

I burrowed further into his chest, he smelled like cologne and apple cider. And sleepily glared up at the water bender. "Go away," I mumbled, "I wanna sleep." I say pulling Betee closer so Katara didn't try and take her away. I knew she wouldn't and maybe I just wanted a teddy bear. But that was the only logical reason I can come up with at this moment. 

"Aang?" She said confused, panic creeping into her voice. Sokka and Toph walked in, and saw me awake. 

"Aang! Buddy! Come on let's get out of here!" Sokka whispered, already reaching back for his boomerang if Zuko unexpectedly woke up. Even if the deadly icicle did a pretty good job already. 

I honestly just wanted to sleep, after all I had earned it. Plus my feet felt bruised just twitching them. "I appreciate you guys coming here." I mumbled, yawning and petting Betee. "But I'm good." I say closing my eyes, trying to sleep once more. 

"Aang- wa no, we're not leaving." Katara said, her voice holding a pinch of betrayal in it. I didn't want them get that idea though. They were my best friends. Even if they did let me get drugged and captured. No hard feelings though. 

"I'm good, jus' wanna sleep." I mumble, getting a bit annoyed. 

"Aang come on! We have to go before he wakes up." Sokka said, frantically gesturing towards the sleeping fire prince.

"Nah, he won' hurt us." I say, stubbornly keeping my eyes closed. Even if there was no way I'd be getting back to sleep. 

"Did you forget whose spooning you?" Sokka whispered. 

"Who? Zuko? This is the least weird thing that's happened this week." I say, attempting to pull up the blankets. Only to get them snagged on Zuko's feet. 

"Least weird?" Katara echoed, "Aang you're talking nonsense!" She said determined that that must be the answer. 

"Trust me it's not." I say giving up on going to sleep. I flipped to my back and glared at them. Stubbornly clutching Betee to my chest. Like she could protect me from the onslaught of disbelief.