05

"Forget the robberies, we're giving them to the local police." Sergeant Han said.

"Look, this department is highly trusted. So I need you guys to know something." Sergeant Han whispered, leaning forward.

"And remember, this is highly confidential." He said, before leaning back away from them.

"Our country isn't dying, but nonetheless, our president is not happy." He quirked an eyebrow at the word 'president.' "Never did like that man. Nonetheless, there are plans against his daughter. She could be kidnapped and even used as leverage. We have to stop any of that from happening."

He looked over all of the police in his room. "And you all best be ready to lay your lives down for the sake of our country. Our president would do anything for his daughter. And if she were hurt, I don't know what he would do."

His eyes fixated on Jiwon and Younghoon. "You two are to be her personal bodyguards."
He smiled, "I'm counting on you."

He started pointing out all the other officers and assigning them jobs.

"Whatever was said in this room stays in this room. Alright, you are all dismissed."

Jiwon and Younghoon were shocked. "I can't believe we have to protect the president's daughter!" Younghoon gasped, his hands on his mouth.

Jiwon nodded, completely speechless. "If we fail..."

Younghoon glared at her. "Let's not think like that now."

A hand tapped Jiwon's shoulder.

"Hey, Jiwon. Would you like to hang out later?"

Jiwon turned around, surprised by the beautiful girl behind her. She had seen her around, but didn't know her name. "Oh, sure! What's your name?"

The girl smiled. "It's Yujin. It's a pleasure to meet you guys." She flashed a smile at Younghoon, before turning to leave.

"W-wow, she's kinda pretty." Jiwon rolled her eyes.

"You don't hit me as the type but, the more you know right?"

He glared at her.

-

"You tipped them right?" Mr. Lee said.

Their company was large. They owned shops around the country, but their main source of income was their illegal business. Stealing valuables and selling them on the black market to willing collectors.

"Yes, I have sir." His assistant replied, her eyes lowered in respect.

Hyunjae hated that. What was there to respect?

Mr. Lee turned to Hyunjae. "Now Jaehyun, we've done our part, it's your turn, son."

Hyunjae would get into the building, propose their company's willingness to help, seduce the daughter, send her off to wherever their client lived, and then blackmail the president. "It's going to be difficult."

Hyunjae's father smirked. "Oh, you bet it is." He looked down at his palms, playing with them, his feet propped up, sprawled on his messy desk. "But you are capable son. Capable of many things."

He scoffed at what he said, before looking back up at Hyunjae.
"But the end will be rewarding, if you don't mess up."

Hyunjae raised an eyebrow. "Really? Compromising against our own country and receiving a few billion dollars?"

"No no no, the money is a bonus." His father waved Hyunjae closer, so he could whisper into his ears.

"You'll be with the daughter, right? When the president is gone, you will take his place with me by your side." He chuckled, before lowering his voice.

"Owning this country is the main goal, son."