~The Ranker - Lero-ro's test~

The sound of a metallic object made me wince.

I opened my eyes with a pounding heart. Previously I closed them, so I could think clearly without interruption. After that I turned my head as quickly as possible in the direction of the noise. Confused I looked around and saw one of my so-called comrades, whom I had gained in the last test.

He sat down next to me and leaned against the large picture window, the same way, as I had done minutes before.

'He doesn't look dangerous.', I thought to myself and recalled recent memories.
I opened my eyes again and looked at him, now more closely. 'His eyes and hair colours are the same brown and he's taller than me. 15 centimetres if I'm correct. He also carries two swords with scabbards on his back.'

The boy seemed to notice my puzzled and thoughtful look, because he said: "Here, for you!"
He points at a can between us.
I looked at the metal can with the label 'BANANA*' on it and thought: 'This can made the previous noise.'
My gaze wandered from the can to the boy.
"You heard right. This is yours now.", he said in a casual voice, which matched his sitting position. Curiously I grabbed the BANANA drink. Before I could opened it, I remembered that I had just received something without saying thank you. 'How rude of me.', I thought, a bit ashamed and with a slight shade of red on my cheeks.
"Thank you.", I answered in a barely audible voice and opened the can with a low hiss.
However, I paused one more time before I could take a sip of the BANANA drink.
"What's your name by the way?" I asked. A slightly sneering smile formed on his lips. He was probably just waiting for me to ask this question.
"Kon*."
"I'm Sora.", I replied while staring forward.
There was a short pause as I took the first sip of the coffee.
"Thanks again.", I thanked him again to make sure he actually heard it.

I sipped my coffee every now and then as I let my eyes wander around in the room.
I looked for the other male part of the team - but so far without success.
While I was looking for the other in our group, I also took a closer look at the remaining Regulars.
I analysed that there must be around 130 people in this room.
'Didn't 70 Regulars manage to find team members?', I asked myself annoyed, but didn't waste another thought on it.

"Do you know where the other one is?"

"You mean Kancho*?", answered Kon with a counterquestion.

I nodded.

'So the boy with the black hair and the dark blue eyes is called Kancho...'
My head moved in the direction of Kon. I looked at him a little bit too hopefully, because Kon seemed to notice the expression on my face. He shook his head in negatively way.
"No, I do not know. However, he was still here before I went to get drinks."

"YOU LITTLE SHIT! YOU ARE DEAD!", suddenly sounded it through the room.

Kon and I looked at the source of the noise at lightning speed.

"BECAUSE OF YOU MY ARM'S LIKE THIS!", the voice argued.

My eyes widen.
They don't widen in shock, no.
They widen, because the boy who was grabbed by the collar by the roaring guy, was Kancho.

Kon reacted immediately and rushed to Kancho's help.

'Idiots', I thought. 'They forbade us to fight! Do they all want to be excluded from the next test?'
With my head shaking I looked at the scenario, which started to unfold at the other end of the room.

"HOW DO YOU PLAN TO REPAY YOUR DEBT?! HUH?!", asked the yeller.

My eyebrows began to twitch.
'Does he have to be this loud? It's somehow his own fault to have been hurt, isn't it ?!', I thought annoyed by the argument between the two of them.
For many my thoughts would seem too harsh, but they are a purely rational fact.
If he would have been stronger or smarter, he wouldn't be hurt by now.
After all, this whole theatre that was being put on us wasn't a game, let alone a pleasure.