28 -- FORSAKING ALL OTHERS .....

Larry walked into the dining room with Leyla on his arm, and they stood behind the closed doors, ready to make their entrance.  He squeezed her hand again, as the doors were pulled open, revealing the bride to the guests gathered there, her family, but more importantly, to her groom, for the first time.  Larry's smile almost fell off his face, it was so big.  The music started.

From this moment, Life has begun, 

From this moment, You are the one, 

Right beside you is where I belong, 

From this moment on.

Larry gazed at Laurent, who was, as it happened, right beside him.  The beautiful song Leyla had chosen to walk down the aisle, couldn't be more appropriate, at that moment, for either of them.  Despite Larry's smile, he couldn't help his tears either.  He was so joyously happy, for Leyla and Chuck, for himself and Laurent, that he couldn't contain the enormity of his emotions, or the size of his heart right now, and it all came spilling out.  Leyla glanced at him.

"Keep your shit together, Larry, or I'm gonna start too"  she cajoled him, whispering through gritted teeth.

As they moved forward to walk down the aisle, everyone stood.  Leyla could see Chuck at the other end of the aisle, his own unshed tears glistening in his eyes.  His love for her on display for all the world to see.  Laurent grabbed Larry's hand then, a quick squeeze, an affirmation of his love, and of reassurance before they started off.  Larry winked at his husband as he led Leyla slowly down the aisle towards her groom.

From this moment, I have been blessed, 

I live only for your happiness, 

And for your love, I'd give my last breath, 

From this moment on.

All eyes were on Leyla, as beautiful as she looked, as every bride does on her wedding day.  But Laurent's eyes were only for Larry.  God, how he loved that man.  As they reached the top of the aisle, Leyla drew level with Chuck, and they exchanged a sweet chaste smile.  The absolute look of love.  

"Who gives this woman to be married to this man ?"  Dawn joined them then.

"I do"  she said tentatively.  Larry placed his hand over Dawns, who placed their hands over Leyla's, and together, they placed their hands on top of Chucks.  The celebrant nodded his thank you's, as Dawn took her seat next to Minira.  She was crying her eyes out, not only because she was so happy for her cousin, but because she wanted this too.  This very thing, right here, right in front of her.  Only now does she realise that what she had been doing was ..... fun.  But not what she really wants.  Oh, how she want's this.

I give my hand to you with all my heart, 

I can't wait to live my life with you, I can't wait to start, 

You and I will never be apart, 

My dreams came true, because of You.

The celebrant then issued a warm welcome to everyone gathered there today, friends and family alike.  He raised his voice a little to announce that the vows will be read.  Everyone then sat, as Leyla and Chuck stayed standing, facing each other.  

"I'm going to recite Chuck and Leyla's vows quite loudly, so that everyone at the back can hear me."  He looked directly at Laurent, who takes that as his cue.  He and the celebrant are the only two privy to what is about to happen next.  Not even Chuck and Leyla know.

Laurent wanted to do something special for Larry on such a significant day, and in a significant way.  But he didn't want to overshadow the bride and groom, it was their day after all, not his and Larry's.  But he wanted it to be, in some way.  So, he came up with an idea.  He had wanted them to sit in the back row, giving Larry the excuse, and it was a good one, that as they were so tall, if they sat in the front no one would be able to see over or around their big heads, and Larry's even bigger fro.  Laurent grabbed Larry's hand all of a sudden.