"Darlin', I must say, you are glowing with beauty." Jasper said.

It was a tactic to make the raven-haired girl calm down from her psycho stage but it didn't make it any less true. She is glowing with beauty, much more in Jasper's eyes.

The tactic worked and Luna finally stopped screaming. Pinkish splotches tinted the girl's cheeks as a small, sheepish smile tugged on her lips.

"Really?" She said through Jasper's hand over her mouth.

Jasper finally retrieved his hand and smiles at the girl. The girl's smile suddenly dropped when she realized something Jasper didn't want her to notice.

"You just did that to stop me from screaming, didn't you?" Luna asked with her one eyebrow raised.

"Pretty much. But it doesn't what I said wasn't true." Jasper replied, looking at her cautiously, hoping that she wouldn't lose control again.

"Hmm. Well played." Luna simply said before she continues to munch on the churros, much to Jasper and Emmett's relief.

The silence in the room only went on for a few seconds before Carlisle came into view when he walked in with a rather trouble expression.

"Have you seen the news?" Carlisle asked them.

Luna continued to enjoy her food while Jasper and Emmett looked at their foster father in confusion before one of them spoke.

"No. Why?" Emmett asked.

Carlisle didn't answer. Instead, he went to sit beside Luna and grabbed the remote to switch on the TV, immediately shifting to the news channel where it showed information about the recent disappearances in Seattle.

Luna averted her eyes from her churros and focused it on the TV, as did the others.

"Seattle is in a state of terror. Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. Theories ranged from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer. Reporting live, Dawn Chubai. CNN." reported the newscaster from the TV.

Just as the four of them were immersed in gathering information from the relatively enlightening reporter on the TV, Edward and Bella walked in.

"It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something." Carlisle said as he turned off the TV, letting their gazes turn to the couple who just walked.

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous..." Jasper explained, his gaze hardening as he looked at Edward with flashes of memories popping into the honey-blonde vampire's mind.

"It's Newborns." Said Edward.

Luna completely abandoned the churros, losing all appetite as she gazed at her lover, seeing how troubled and skeptical he looked.

"What, like new vampires?" Bella asked.

"No, Bella. Vampires that just got out of the holy vaggie-boo." Luna said sarcastically after rolling her eyes. "Of course, it's new vampires."

"In their first few months after the change." Edward stated.

Then Jasper took it upon himself to continue.

"That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst." Jasper said, his gaze still stern that it was starting to make Luna nervous. This was a very serious thing.

Never has she seen Jasper this serious before aside from when he found Luna in the forest, getting beat up by Jeremy.

Luna reaches for her soulmate's hand and Jasper gladly accepts it, his thumb caressing the back of her hand.