[VII] Books, Memories, & Immortals

Start from the beginning

“I don't. Come on, I'll take you there.”

The latter nodded like an obedient child, far from his cold and stone-like vibe. He tailed after the engineer whose coolly leading the way to the parking lot just in front of the multi purpose hall where the party is held.

“Get inside” said the taller male followed by a beeping sound indicating that the doors are open.

Asahi quietly nods and open the door of the passenger seat. He put the paper bag down before pulling the seatbelt to secure himself.

It was a calm ride. An Abba music playing on the radio but not too loud to irritate his ears and ruin the calm atmosphere. The light from the street reflects off the car as they pass by.

The archangel had always found the night a comforting presence, given that it's dark and probably hiding a million wonders behind the clouds but nevertheless it's beautiful.

The night was starless and the moon was covered by the overcast clouds that blended in with the sky. No sign of stars but it doesn't look like it'll rain.

“Weird” Asahi whispered but loud enough for the other male to grasp.

Jaehyuk quickly glance at him but immediately set his eyes on the road. Extra careful not to reach the speed limit, cautious not to meet any road accident, something he never really paid attention to— until this night came.

“What’s weird?” he asked.

Shaking his head, the smaller answered. “It’s nothing. Just focus on driving, are we there yet?”

The brunet shrug his shoulders but not long after, they arrived at the 24/7 cafe located 15 minutes away from the palace.

“What do you want to drink?” Jaehyuk ask as soon as they walk inside the cafe.

The two stand in front of the counter. The welcome scent of coffee filling the air, it was warm and cozy as if lulling Asahi to sleep but before his mind could drift off somewhere else, the tall immortal nudge him.

Asahi snap out of his thoughts and apologetically look at the cashier. He looks lost and puzzled causing the male standing beside him shake his head in disbelief.

“A cup of french vanilla coffee for him.” Jaehyuk intervened as he hand a card to pay for what they ordered. Once they are done paying, they settled down at the table near the entrance door.

“I’m surprised you allowed me to accompany you.” the taller said smiling.

Asahi took out a book from the paper bag and put it down on the pastel colored table before he speak. “You’re acting weird but you seem harmless to me.”

“You have no idea.” Jaehyuk replied.

The latter started to flip the cover page without reading the title. “What can you possibly do to someone like me? Throw cringe punch lines? What else?”

Jaehyuk laughs at this. The angel shaking his head while diverting his attention to the book as the taller male quietly watch him.

It was indeed a book from the restricted part of the Lunar library but the immortal couldn't care less. It's not like he can stop them from discovering things about themselves so he just let them be.

“Raphael, the Angel of Healing.” he mumbled getting the attention of the other.

“How did you know?” Asahi asked, holding the page halfway, halting to look at Jaehyuk with so much suspicion in his eyes.