Chapter 5: Not What was Expected

"It doesn't matter what we are, you're right. We are still human. So what do you think, Naru?" Tsunade asked as she got out of her shocked state.

"Hm well as we said we wish to restore the alliance we had with Konohagakure. However, if you decline we will not force you to accept." Naru nodded. "If you other Kage want to make an alliance that is also fine."

"You seem to know her the most, Hokage-dono, what do you think?" Onoki asked.

"Well I'll sign. You can decide if you want to or not . After all there might be things in Uzu that you can't find here in the Elemental Nations."Ai said with a nod.

"I agree with the Raikage. I'll sign as well." Mei said with a smile.

"I believe in Naru and would like to get to see her village. Is that a problem Naru?" Gaara asked.

"Not at all. I would be delighted if you would come. After all there is a lot to catch up on. That hat is not just for show." Naru said and closed her fan showing the smirk on her lips.

"Neither is your royal appearance, Naru or should I call you your royal highness now?" Gaara said and returned the playful smirk with his own.

"Oh you flatter me Gaara. Call me Naru. It'll be weird if you suddenly start calling me your highness, princess or your royal highness ." Naru smiled.

Menma was happy seeing the smile on his little sister's face. There was obviously something special between the young Kazekage and his sister. When Naru's friend Sasuke came up to her, Naru didn't smile or even talk to him directly, but with the Kazekage, she spoke, smiled and joked. Naru saw the smirk on her brother's face and shivered.

"So this means you won't be coming back to Konoha?" Shikamaru asked his blonde friend.

"Yes, I have a village to take care of alongside Lord Brother. I apologize but I cannot return to the village I once called home. Now, Gaara-sama, you had some requests of us." Naru said calmly but jokingly once she turned to Gaara.

"Really Naru? I said don't call me that in the letters." Gaara sighed. "But yes."

"Letters?" Menma asked, looking to his younger sister. "What letters is the Kazekage talking about?"

"Well, he's a Jinjuriki so when he was told that I 'died' he wasn't happy. Then he found me when I went to hunt a bit. I asked how and he said that Shukaku told him that I was alive. Man it was the longest hour of my life. We decided to send letters to each other to keep in touch. You didn't have to scold me, you know." Naru explained as Gaara crossed his arms and gave Naru a glare. The blonde just sweatdropped at the glare.

"Yes, I did. Otherwise you wouldn't have listened." Gaara said. "We started sending letters 1 year after Naru's apparent death." Gaara said and turned to Menma.

"Why didn't you tell us if you knew where she was?" Kakashi asked the Kazekage. Gaara turned to the silver haired nin.

"I promised Naru to not reveal her location. She promised me that she will always be my friend and not betray me. She also told me 2 years ago that I would see her again in the alliance meeting." Gaara explained.

"Right. With this meeting over, we shall take our leave." Menma said. "Come Naru, we have things to do back at Uzu. the Suna shinobi may come as well." Menma hinted towards his little sister, who turned red.

Naru sped past him with her guards following her. Menma chuckled at that, he just loved teasing his little sister when she was distracted.