Chapter 3: Being a Princess

Naru sat in a room with a man named Amida. He had messy short red hair and bronze colored eyes. He wore a maroon red long sleeve shirt and a dark brown coat along with black pants and black shoes. She looked at herself and looked at what she was wearing.

Naru wore a navy blue royal kimono with gold hems. She wore gold and blue flats and saw Amida walk to her. Amida was carrying a tray. Naru saw the tray with 4 traditional fans. One was white with a drawing of a valley on it, the second was black with the Uzumaki swirl in the middle, the third was red with specks of gold.

Though the last one caught her attention it was white with black bamboo drawings with the leaves hanging from the top and on the other side were kanji for nobility, kindness and patience. Amida saw the way Naru looked at it and picked it up. He put the tray down and gave the fan to Naru and picked up the one with the drawing of a valley on it. Naru was confused until Amida told her how to properly hold and use the fan.

The 1st month was spent on learning how to dress, holding the fan and use it in battle, how to walk and speak with grace and elegance and how to keep her emotions in check. Amida also taught her that maids will style her hair. Also getting rid of her whiskers and adding in some red to her sunny blonde hair.

The 2nd month was spent on how to dance, what to eat, what to study, calligraphy and what to read.

The 3rd and 4th months were spent learning her family's history, some jutsu and how to properly use her blood lines as well as how to fight with grace.

The 5th, 6th, and 7th months were spent on how to act as a princess, how to care for her people, and how to use anything around her as a weapon, which she liked using her fan.

The 8th, 9th, and 10th months were spent on learning the Uzumaki's fighting style and more on seals which she took to, naturally and how to work with the Uzumaki clan head's summonings.

"You have surprised me at how well you have progressed Young princess." Amida said.

"Yes, I myself am surprised at how fast I have progressed. And I also have to thank you Amida." Naru said, her fan covering her nose and mouth. "Though I do think that my lessons aren't completely over."

"Yes you are right. But your lessons with me are over till next year. You will continue to learn under Shiki who will teach you agility and flexibility." Amida nodded.

"Ah very well. Where is Shiki at the moment?" Naru nodded and turned her head.

"In the office with your brother." Amida said with a proud smile as Naru nodded and walked out with Hibiki and Daisuke not far behind.

Menma was talking to Shiki when a knock was heard. When he sensed it was his sister he said come in. Hibiki opened the door for her and as Naru walked in, she walked in with grace and no sound. Hibiki and Daisuke were one step behind her.

'Amida did great at teaching her.' Menma thought. 'But can Shiki do better?'

"Hello little sister . How can I help you?" though Menma knew why she was there.

"Hello to you as well Lord Brother. I'm actually here because Amida told me this was where I could find Shiki. However, if you two are busy I won't keep you." Naru said with her fan covering her mouth and nose again.

"No no you didn't disturb anything. However I thought it would take you a whole year to learn under Amida since he's very strict on the way he teaches." Menma said.

"Yes, he is very strict but his methods do bring out good results. Though I found his methods of teaching very good. He split each subject into a month sometimes 2 or 3 but it still proved to be useful." Naru nodded.

"I guess you're right. But 2 months before the year is over. What about the next 3 or 4 years?" Menma asked.

"I will get to learn more about seals, more jutsu, control my blood lines, and more about the people." Naru said.

"Well actually me and Shiki thought that if you can master your blood lines like you already have your seals. Being a seal master like a true Uzumaki. Then you can go back to Konoha in 1 or 2 years." Menma said actually sad on the inside.

"Hm. well that's news. However, I think I'll head back when the village alliances are set to happen. Only on a visit though. After all, I'm the princess of the Uzumaki and I can't leave my people again." Naru said closing her fan on her palm softly.

"Oh ok. Well Shiki will start training you in the year to come. Also the village alliances aren't for another 3 years." Menma said with a soft look.

"I am aware that's why I chose that time. Let's go around the village Hibiki, Daisuke. I want to see if my katana is ready by now." Naru said unfolding her fan and walking out with the two guards.

"She's become the definition of a perfect princess." Shiki said, getting a nod from Menma.

"Our parents along with grandparents would be very proud of the princess and Uzumaki she has become." Menma said with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naru walked out of the weapons shop with her newly made katana. She tied it to her waist and turned when she heard footsteps coming up behind her.

She saw a little girl about 6 years old. She decided to not wear anything flashy today so she wore a white kimono with red lining and she didn't want to wear her hair ornaments or hairpiece which made it hard to tell she was the crown princess. She just looked like a noble or a high ranked person.

"Do you have any money to spare ma'am?" she asked. Naru bent down and put her palm to her cheek which had dirt on it.

"Daisuke I want you to bring me a handkerchief and water in less than a minute." Naru said and got a nod. Daisuke came back with what Naru wanted and she started to clean the little girl's face.

A woman along with a man and a boy were looking around and looked at the girl in front of Naru with wide eyes. They rushed and gave her harsh looks or glared. Something Naru didn't like or miss.

"What do you think you're doing Aoi?" the woman asked.

"Asking if this lady had any spare money." replied the girl shyly.

"You dare ask the princess for money. How dare you?!" the woman said about to slap the girl if Naru hadn't grabbed her wrist. "Your highness?"

Naru didn't reply but saw Mito and Karin walking out of the weapons shop. She waved them over and asked them to clean up the girl at home. They nodded with a bow and walked away with the girl.

"Is she your daughter?" Naru asked scarily calm.

"Yes highness."the man and woman said nervously.

"Then why treat her like that. In Uzu we all treat each other like family. All of us are from the same clan and you will treat each other as such. From now on, Aoi as you called her will be under Lady Chiharu's care and she will treat her right. That is all." Naru said letting go of the woman's wrist and walking away. Lady Chiharu was the caretaker of their mother and Menma.

The man got annoyed or mad and tried to hit Naru, if it wasn't for Hideki and Daisuke who blocked him from even touching Naru.

"I don't know if this man is stupid or what?" Hibiki said.

"But as long as we are the young princess's guards he won't lay so much as a finger on her." Daisuke continued. "You can either go to prison for trying to assault a royal or you can be beaten to death."

Everyone continued as they were when all was over. The man was pretty stupid in trying to hurt the young princess who was very strong. The man was then carried away. Naru and her guards looked at the woman and child.

"Your names?" Naru heard and turned to see her brother.

"Lord brother." Naru nodded slightly, still covering her face.

Naru saw her brother's fan was gold and black in color with a dragon drawn on it in white ink. Her brother's Jade hoop in the middle of his waist. The tassel was gold while the pendant was gold and white marble. Her brother wore the ornament in his waist length hair that was partly up in a bun. The woman and boy were scared.

"Oh well. Just take them away with the man." Menma said with a sigh. He started walking away talking with Naru.