yes, i'm a writer

🍂

It's been a couple hours since we have started driving. I have my headphones in and I'm wrapped in Derek's warm flannel. We are in our way to Vancouver and we are aiming to drive there in one day. My family is very ambitious. I didn't think we would be able to make it, but they seem so sure they could. As my music continues to play I feel myself slowly drifting off into a deep slumber. I drift into darkness with the beats of my music playing.

🍂

What seems to be another couple hours later, I'm shook awake. I groan and wrap my arms around myself in hopes to keep myself warm.

"Honey. We're here." Mom calls. Wow I can't believe we actually drove here in a day. They're crazy.

I rub my eyes and sit up. I step out of the car stretching my cramped legs after the long drive. I look up to be greeted with a beautiful fountain.

 I look up to be greeted with a beautiful fountain

"Wow." I say breathless.

"It's beautiful." My mom replies.

"Holy-" my dad starts but gets cut off with the view.

It was absolutely breathtaking. I couldn't believe that I get to live here. And study here.

"Can I go find my dorm?" I ask, too excited.

"Alright. Make sure to come back so we can go unload your stuff." Dad reminds.

I give him a thumbs up and click my tongue, before running off. I wonder around the halls, not keeping tack of where I'm going. I see the long halls with big classrooms inside. Tall buildings with endless rooms. I'm too busy looking up when I feel a body walk right into mine. I fall back and as I brace myself for impact I feel a hand grab my wrist. The person lifts me up slowly. I stand on my two feet, brushing myself off.

"I'm so so sorry. I can be really clumsy sometimes." I apologize.

"No don't worry about it. I wasn't looking."

I look up and am met with big, brown eyes. I smile and look down, trying to hide my, now fully red face.

"You new here?" The boy asks.

"Yeah, journalism major." I say, tightening my lips.

"So you're a writer."

"I like to, Yes."

"I'm Andrew. Software engineering." He says sticking his hand out towards me.

I put my hand in his and slowly shake it. We stand in awkward silence for what seems like forever, until I break the silence.

I clear my throat before talking, "I should go. My parents will be waiting. I've got to start moving my stuff in." I say letting go of his hand.

"Oh yeah of course. I'll see you around?"

I nod my head and turn away. I walk trying to look like I know where I'm going, when in reality I don't.

"Hey!"

I turn around and see him still standing there. I give in a questioning look as he runs up to me.

"Any chance you want some help moving your things in?" He asks stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah. That would be great." I say.

We both start to walk as we stay silent. No one says a word until we finally reach the car. My parents look at me with a raised eyebrow when the see Andrew.

"Mom, dad, this is Andrew. I met him when I was inside. He offered to help move some of my stuff in." I explain as they nod.

"Hi Andrew. I'm Halley, Melanie's mom." My mom pulls him into a hug as I notice a slight uncomfortable look on his face. Way to go mom. Not even a day and you're already embarrassing me.

I look at him and mouth a "Sorry" and he chuckles while smiling at me.

"Nice to meet you son. You can call me Mr. Davis." My dad says, trying to sound all manly and protective.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Andrew." He responds politely.

"Ok...why don't we get some boxes up there. It's getting late." I say feeling the tension.

We start to file out the boxes and bring them to my dorm. D10. I walk down trying to find my dorm. I find it at the end of the hall and swipe my keycard. The beeping sound goes off and I open the door. I see a girl sitting on one side of the bed. She has long blonde hair with brown highlights. She had small tattoos and a edgy style.

I walk in slowly, seeing if she would notice me. She looks up and only notices Andrew standing behind me.

"Oh hi Andrew!" She chirps.

"Hey Stella.." He says quietly.

"Hi. I'm Melanie. Your new roommate?" I ask setting my boxes down.

"Hi. I'm Stella."

We do a mutual handshake and I look around our dorm. It was a pretty grey purple neutral, and I have to say, it looks really good.

"I hope you don't mind, I did the decorating beforehand. I didn't know you were coming." She explains.

"Oh no. It's ok. I actually love it. Digging the grey and purple." I say smiling.

"Well I should go get the rest of my things. I'll be back soon." I say leaving Andrew there.

I go down to the lobby to see a cart with the rest of my things there. I push it up with my parents behind me. I enter the room to see Andrew and Stella standing in complete silence exactly where I left them.

"Mom, dad this is my roommate, Stella." I gesture.

"Hi. Nice to meet you!" My mom says.

"Nice to meet you too." She says smiling.

We stand there awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

"Your mom and I should get going. We got to get back to the hotel." Dad explains.

"Ok should I stop by tomorrow before you leave?" I ask.

"No we'll come by here." Mom says.

I nod my head and give them a hug as they walk out. It was now just Stella, Andrew, and I in the room.

"Well I should get going.." Andrew calls.

"Ok. Thanks for the help." I say smiling at him.

"Of course. I'll see you tomorrow." He pulls me into a hug and I chuckle.

He walks toward the door and I smile at him as I close it. I turn around to see Stella looking at me.

"What?" I ask.

🍂
Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed the second chapter! Be sure to vote, comment and all those things. See you later!