The taking of children- part 1

I’m Jean, and I’m here to tell you the story of how I made one of the best friends I’d ever have. You may not believe everything I say, but let me tell you, it’s true as can be. It all started when I was just 14 and starting freshman year after I moved. I went to Newman High in Richfield, Utah. I hadn’t exactly made any friends yet, so I wasn’t that excited about it.

“ You have your alarm set yet?” My Dad Said. “Yep, I set it earlier this morning,” I said while making lunch for the next day, I was dreading it and I hadn’t even gotten there yet. The next morning, I woke up to my annoying alarm beeping continuously. I got up and I was ready to walk out of the door by 6:30. “Now I just need to get there before 7:00,” I mumbled to myself while walking down the driveway.

While walking to school, I bumped into this nice guy named Leo, who showed me around the school. We quickly became really good friends and enjoyed hanging out together at the library. ‘Just to let you in on a little secret’ I whispered quietly“I hear the new librarian kisses her fingers” I said as I picked out a book. “Ew, really?!?” said Leo.

 I was so hungry my stomach was rumbling. I really wanted to go get some pizza “Wait I have a great idea! We should get Little Caesars” I said, “ Yes let’s go!” Leo said. As we were figuring out our order there was this strange girl working the register. it wasn’t the typical “emo” stereotype vibe that was making her strange, but it was something about her Personality. Something about her was drawing me in and Telling me to try to be friends with her, maybe it was because she seemed nice and someone I’d usually hang out with, rare for some of the people I’ve met. But I for some reason ignored it. “Let’s just get pepperoni pizza and some breadsticks” “fine with me,” I said, We finished our food and left. As we were walking around town, we noticed a lot of missing signs. Yet all of the missing signs were for different people? I got out of the car to check one of them out, not knowing who they were I was confused. I then got dragged away into the woods by this very enchanting person covering my mouth? 

I tried to scream “LEO!” “LEO COME HELP ME!” “IM BEING KIDNAPPED!” but for some reason, I couldn’t get anything to come out of my mouth. Why did this happen to me? WHY NOW? Frightened, I didn’t know what to do. This Now dark shadowy figure then stopped in front of an old boarded-up church that looked like it hadn’t been used in years. He put me down, I finally managed to say something “why am I here?!?”

 I screamed, then the mysterious“humanoid” thing then replied with “ I’m going to kill you, then make you my meal!” I then witnessed him turn into this horrid monster with slimy grey scales. As I slid back slowly away from him he grew taller and taller and taller! ‘And don’t try running !’ I realized something! We couldn’t have gone that far!  “LEO” “LEO HELP PLEASE!” I didn’t hear a response. In the five minutes I was there, I managed to get into the church and put the boards back up. It didn’t help that the monster was trying to EAT me. I had to run around the whole church in circles just to find an entry point into the church, I kept running from him and figured out a plan. All while he was yelling “WHERE ARE YOU?” “I’M GONNA CATCH YOU!” Once I made it into the church I backed into the upper left corner, I’d be less visible there.

LEOS POV)

“I don’t know-how, but I think Jean’s gone.” I thought “ JEAN?” “JEAN?” she was just staring at this sign a minute ago? She couldn’t have gone that far? I ran around looking for her when I saw something very tall in the woods. “SHE MUST BE THERE!!!!” I thought to myself, I ran into the woods as fast as I could “JEAN” “ JEAN!” I needed to find her.

I then saw something that resembled a building? And something REALLY big next to it! I made a run for it, “maybe Jeans is in the building!?!?” I thought to myself as I was running I saw Something inside the building. Maybe Jean Was there! I needed to get into that building.

JEANS POV) 

    “Leo’s here!” I thought to myself, “I NEED TO GET THESE BOARDS DOWN!” I thought. I moved up towards the front of the church. As I finished getting a few of the boards down, there was an opening just big enough for him to come through! As I was helping pull him in, That Horrid creature was grabbing him and pulling him out. “NO!” “N--NO!” “ This can’t be happening,” I said 

    As Leo was dangling in the air, he tried to get out, but the creature just kept gripping tighter and tighter. He yelled “ Goodbye Jean I’ll miss you”  then he mouthed the word R-U-N and I knew I had to go. But I couldn’t leave like that! I just couldn’t! By the time I got out to do something about it, Leo was lying there, the creature’s claws sunk into Leo, DEAD! Blood dripping everywhere! His claws gripping him was something I’d never forget. I started crying as I ran, as fast as I could! I ran to the Ford-f150 and drove as fast as I could, as soon as I got home I started locking every single door in my house. I sank to the floor, crying. My hands were shaking and I didn’t know what to do, what if it came back? Followed me home? All I knew was I didn’t want to live in fear of this creature! This horrid, horrid creature! I went into the kitchen and pulled out my Steak knives, I went around my house collecting everything sharp item. I went into my room and locked the door, everything was hidden either under my bed, under the nightstand, or the closet. A thought crossed my mind “DAD!” I pulled out my phone and texted him “Where are you?” he then replied with “ In my room.” I sighed with relief “he’s okay.” I set down my phone, still crying, and fell asleep, remembering the day over and over again. 

I’ll Never forget Leo or how he died trying to save me for not paying attention. 

Sorry this is kinda short haha, it's my first time publishing one of my works so I'd love help or suggestions on what to write next ~ <3 enjoy