Chapter 1: To Die or To Live

Naru was walking back to the leaf with an unconscious Sasuke on her back. The two were littered with cuts, scratches, and blood. Though Naru was bleeding more than Sasuke, even with Kurama inside her. Naru looked over her shoulder to Sasuke who she saw as an older brother. She smiled and looked ahead as the village came into view.

"Don't worry Sasuke. We're almost there. Then we can get you healed up..... Damn you're heavy." Naru joked as she saw her team, ninjas, and the villagers.

They saw Sasuke and gasped at what they saw. Sakura pushed Naru and picked up Sasuke, she looked at Sasuke and saw  that none of the injuries were too serious. She told everyone else and they sighed in relief. There were some who noticed Naru's condition. Those were Tsunade, Ibiki, Anko, the rest of the rookie 12, their sensei and Danzo. Those stayed as everyone rushed Sasuke to the hospital. Teams 8,9, 10 and their sensei walked over to her. Danzo got down and held a hand out for Naru who grabbed it. Danzo tried to pull up Naru but the girl just fell back and cried in pain when she landed on her left arm.

Hinata looked at it and her eyes widened. She made way for Tsunade who placed her glowing green hand over and covered her mouth with the other.

"We need to get her to the hospital, now." she said.

Ibiki and Gai carried Naru before placing her on a stretcher that an ANBU from root brought. The two along with the rest rushed her to the hospital as Tsunade gave them the run down on Naru's situation.

"Her left arm isn't only shattered but all her muscles are also torn. She's losing a lot of blood by the minute and the muscles around her heart are torn. I don't know how but her skull is cracked too. Her lungs are also filled with blood."

"Can you help her?" Danzo asked softly and in a worried tone. Surprising the others.

They were surprised when Ibiki, Anko, and Danzo stayed behind but didn't think much about it. Once they reached the hospital Tsunade gave her response.

"Hopefully." Tsunade said and with some other nurses rushed into the operating room.

After 3 hours Sasuke woke up and walked out of his room and saw all those he knew waiting outside the operating room, he didn't have a good feeling about this, if anything it was the opposite. He went up to them and looked at the nervous group.

"What are you all nervous about?" he asked, getting their attention.

Of course, Sakura, Kakashi and the civilian council were happy he was awake but the others shot him small glares. For a reason he didn't know. They instead gave him chills. Even his so-called fangirl Ino glared at him. But Anko and Danzo gave him the coldest glares he has ever seen.

When the doors to the operating room opened another 4 hours later the others stood up in a rush. Something Sasuke didn't like. The looks on their faces weren't even tired; they were worried and nervous. More scared than the other two. And the look on Tsunade's face didn't help, instead it made some gasp, cry or shake their head. Some even covered their mouths, mostly the girls.

"How is she Tsunade-sama?" Lee asked. He didn't want to believe what he thought.

"We did all we could. In the first couple of  hours she was still staying strong but in the last 2. Her strong spirit was failing. Write this down Tamaki." Tsunade said to a nurse who walked out of the doors. "On October 10 Naru Uzumaki died in the Operating room due to severe injury, heart failure and blood loss."

Tsunade cried a bit before walking away with Tamaki and Shizune. The others shook their heads as Sasuke stood frozen. His little sister ...was ...dead? He couldn't believe it, no he didn't want to believe it.

"Why did it have to be her? It should have been you." Anko pointed at Sasuke crying her eyes out. Anko had always thought of Naru as a younger sister . They would share dango and jokes. Even train together. Naru would tell Anko her troubles and she would help as best she could.

"Calm down Anko." Ibiki said. Ibiki also got along with Naru but more on the training side. He liked the young girl who was a ball of energy and also a huge danger when she needed to be. She even made a great interrogator in training.

"You want me to calm down. He's the reason my Imouto is dead. He should've died instead. My Imouto was so innocent and cared for everyone. She was an angel and she died on her birthday, ON HER BIRTHDAY IBIKI!!! I already had her birthday present and a surprise party planned." Anko said, crying her eyes out.

Sasuke just stood there listening to Anko cry. He looked at the closed Operating room doors and walked into them ignoring the doctors calls for him to stop. He followed his instincts to the room of the girl he called little sister , he obviously couldn't follow Naru's chakra signature, since the girl was dead. He walked into the room that said Uzumaki Naru on the side. But he was confused when the body that was supposed to be there wasn't on the bed. All her bloodstained torn clothes and bloodstained ninja headband were still there so she didn't sneak out and she was dead so she had to have been taken. A doctor followed and gasped at the missing body. When Tsunade came she gasped.

"No no no. If anyone got her body it would be bad for Konoha. It would mean Konoha's guardian and savior and our greatest shinobi is gone." she said.

"Why?" Sakura asked not really caring.

"My Imouto had special blood. Her blood could heal and kill anyone. Not only that but she was this village's jinjuriki." Anko said.

"Not to mention that Naru radiates a dangerous aura and killing intent. Including the poison that the Uzumaki keep stored in their body and blood. Her Longevity too." Ibiki said.

The others were shocked. Naru could have been a really dangerous person if she let all that poison out. A really bad enemy too. Thank kami she was a friend and ally, But what about her blood? Maybe she kept that all a secret or she just didn't know about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere else.

In a operating room there were 6 people. They were all hovering over a dead body. Said dead body had patches over all wounds and or cuts. They moved when 2 more walked into the room. Both had red hair while one had green eyes and the other had purple eyes. The one with green eyes poured a light blue liquid into the dead body's mouth and waited for 1 hour till the dead person shot up. The person looked around at the 8 around them. All having red hair. Well one had grey hair.

"Where am I? I thought I was dead?"

"You are an Uzumaki right?" asked one of them with brown eyes.

"I am. But who are you?" She asked with narrowed eyes.

"Your name first then we'll answer your questions." another with gold eyes said.

"I'm Uzumaki Naru. Now answer my questions: how am I alive? Where am I? And who are you?"she asked bluntly with her head slightly tilted up to the right. Her eyes still narrowed.

"Calm down young princess. We made a remedy or tonic that healed you up. Good as new. You are in the newly rebuilt Uzushiogakure's Hospital in a special wing. As to who we are, we are the advisors or council of the head or royal family of the Uzumaki." said the gold eyed person.

"And that is you and your older brother." said the one with green eyes. Naru sat there shocked and confused before passing out from the news.

"I think we broke the young princess Shiki." said the one with brown eyes to the one with green eyes.

"I think she'll be fine."