H A D E S

• H A D E S •

If you look up Hades on Google, it will show up as, Hades is the god of the dead and the king of the underworld, with which his name became synonymous. God of the dead? It looks like he's the one who is dead. He has no emotions, his dark gray eyes are cold as ice. A robot is an understatement. He is strange. He doesn't show anything it's so hard for me to read him. I can't believe someone can look so dead. All I see is his eyes because half of his face is covered with a black mask.  It is so difficult for me to see him, to read him. He never takes that damn mask off.

I'm sitting on the left side of the dining table eating dinner with my mother and father. He's standing on the side with the rest of my father's guards. My phone rang and my father looked at me. I immediately rolled my eyes and said

"Excuse me I have to take this call."

My father gave me a short nod and continue eating his food. I excused myself as I stand up and walked out of the dining area. I quickly answered the call as I reach the library. It's my friend Collin.

"Collin I told you my father is in town and I can't be taking calls. I will call you back"

"Wait wait! Hold on I just have to tell you that I'm coming over tonight leave your window open."

"You can't! Collin, you know my father doesn't like you sneaking in. We already got caught before."

"I know but I just miss you."

"Ugh.. I'll talk to you soon."

I ended the call and as I turn around I gasped as I saw Hades behind me. He followed me. He's just standing there looking at me with his cold eyes. Hades is one of my father's best men. I'm never gonna get used to this but he's mine. I guess. He's the one looking out for me. He's the one that my father hired to look after me.

"They are waiting for you, Miss Raelynn"  I felt my spine as I hear his low cold voice.

"Rae is fine." I replied and walked past him.

I went back to my seat and quietly finish dinner. My Father held my Mothers hand she smiled at him. She ordered the maids to clean the table and serve the coffee for my Father. I smirked as my Father kissed my Mothers hand. Like they're in love. My Father left my Mother crying at night when he leaves her to stay with his mistress. I can never be like my Mother. She is stupid and weak. I will never let a man hurt me like that. She's here acting like she's all happy knowing my Father just got back from a trip to Aspen with his Mistress. I drank my wine and looked away.

My eyes catch Hades' eyes. He's standing there like he's not even breathing. He's wearing a black suit and tie that's a nice fit for him. Earlier my Father got home and said he has a present for me and he gave me Hades. Saying I need him to protect me. I've been living with a family of criminals. My Brother Rei has been in jail for 3 counts of murder, My father is a leader of the most powerful drug cartel in the country and I and my Mother runs a big gasoline company that covers my Fathers transactions. At the age of 16, My family introduced me to this life. I've always wondered why we have all these things, all these people, all this money when my Father and my Mother is mostly at the house.

One time there was a 'introduce your hero' day at school. I remember I was only 16 at the time and I asked my Father to come. I love my Father I always take care of him. I would say I'm a Fathers girl. Then while my Father was talking about our Gas Company, 7 cops with their guns out came into the classroom and tried to arrest him. Imagine how traumatizing that is for me and other people there. My Father was calm he knows what he's doing. He was cuffed and escorted out of the room. I was left alone there confused and scared for him. But then not even an hour later he's back he asked my teacher who is sitting with the principal if I can go home early and they let me go. On our way home I was crying and that's when my father explained that he's a bad man.

At first, I didn't understand. I was young I wasn't interested in learning about that side of life. I always see that the only reason why the cops will go to you is if you did something wrong or you're bad. While I was growing up my family didn't hide it from me. They said that way if something is wrong they can protect us. My brother Rei is 3 years older than me. He understood what our family business is and he was working for our father. He turned himself in after having to kill his girlfriend. She knew too much and father heartlessly ordered him to kill her and he did. All he had to say is, there's another woman out there for you. It's family over her. Always put family first.

"I'm going to my room Dad. Thank you for the dinner." I stood up and kissed my Father and Mother on the cheeks and went upstairs to my room.

As I'm walking to my room I heard Hades following me. I stopped and looked back he's losing up his tie. He looked tired for some reason. I can see it through his eyes. He slides his necktie off and puts it in his pocket. I looked back to his eyes and there he is watching me.

"Y-you can go to sleep and take the night off." Now, why did I stutter? He's intimidating. I'm not heartless I know this man is tired and I don't need protection in my own home.

"I'll be going once you're asleep miss Raelynn" He replied and I rolled my eyes and turned back.

"Again, just Rae." I said and walked into my room. He walked in too and as I was taking my shoes off he looked around my room like he's looking for something.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"I'm just checking. Goodnight... Miss Rae." My heart felt like there was a stab when he said my name. He closed the door and I'm guessing he just stood there. I took a deep breath.

There is a lot of mystery and questions around him. I never care that much like he's not even my first guard but there's something about him that I want to know. I let my long hair down and took my clothes off. I think I need a cold shower. I felt like the whole time he's around me someone was holding my neck.