Ch. 1: New Student

A desk in the back corner of the classroom was covered in graffiti. It seemed to have every profanity in the dictionary. It was all over the chair too. Whoever this desk belonged to, was clearly the target of bullying at that school.

The students rolled into class one by one and sat at their individual desks. All eyes were glued to the one desk in the back corner.

One student walked over to the desk and sat down without even looking twice at the graffiti. Unfazed, he took out his textbooks, notebook and pencil and waited for class to start.

The students that were waiting for a reaction were shocked at how nonchalant he was about the vandalized desk.

At a school with all the students being elites, although it may look extravagant, there was an extremely strict social hierarchy depending on the amount of income they had. The middle elites always pried on the lower elites to feel somewhat more superior due to their inferiority felt because of the higher elites. The higher elites not only had money and power, they were so beautiful, intelligent, and talented. These elites did not even glance at the lower elites.

But one day, a student with no class ranking started attending the school. He was the perfect target for the oppressed lower elites to pick on to prove they're worth. The only problem was that a good portion of the students were lower elites (middle upper class). Their parents spent enormous amounts of money for them to be in close proximity with the upper class-men's child in hopes of climbing the social ladder. There were many people who wanted to step on this student to feel some sort to superiority.

However, this student was no ordinary student. He was not going to let these annoying people who only cared about social hierarchy bother him. He's been through worse, a lot worse. He was unfazed by all these cliché ways of bullying.

"Yah Doyoung! Take this!" One student shouted as they threw an egg towards him. But it didn't even reach him and ended up cracking on the floor. Doyoung looked at the cracked egg and back at the perpetrator.

"Throw it better next time okay? Maybe I can catch it have scrambled eggs for breakfast," he mocked and walked away.

Kim Doyoung was the new student that was all the rage at the school. All the lower elites tried to bully him to feel some sort of worth but for the last couple months...nothing had worked. Doyoung ignored all types of vandalisms and threats as if they weren't happening. It was surprising to everyone even to the higher elites. It had now become a competition between everyone to see who could be the first to break him.

Doyoung was in Class 3-A. He was in class with one of the top 3 highest elites: Taeyong, Jaehyun and Johnny. And Taeyong had given an interest to him and wanted to see if he could do anything.

"Hey what if I try to date him, and then make him fall in love with me and then totally break his heart?" Taeyong planned.

"Dude, are you in 2005? That is literally so stupid," Johnny scoffed.

"Hey but it can work! He'll have all the benefits of the higher elite for like 2 months, people will stop bothering him and then dump him back to his no rank!" Taeyong said excitedly. "How does it sound Jae?"

"That sounds wonderful Taeyong," Jaehyun said with a smile.

"SEE!?"

"Dude that literally doesn't count. Jaehyun said that about everything."

Johnny was right. Jaehyun didn't care about anything at all. He didn't care about the elite system, he didn't care about money, he didn't care about girls or guys. He just was indifferent about everything. He was the human embodiment of the phrase 'just smile and wave.'