Chapter 1: The Crystal Empire - Part 1

Whenever there is light, they say that there will always be a shadow, but deep down inside a light can be bright enough to fill in the darkness. Everypony knows that crystals shine bright and that's where we start here as we take another journey through a long story.

(Y/N) was currently asleep and it was a peaceful night as he slept wonderfully in his bed. However, his horn illuminates a small white glow as he is taken into a completely different area of where he originally was.

(Y/N) then started to hear growling and really heavy breathing as he groans from all of the noise and he sits up to then rub his eyes to try and see what was the cause of all of the racket. When he opens his eyes, he looks down to see that he was laying on snow which confused him.

(Y/N): What. . . in. . . Equestria. . .?

He then heard some evil laughter as he looked up to see black smoke all around him. (Y/N) was surprised by this as he stood up and looks around alarmed from what is seeing.

(Y/N): What is going on?!

???: *chuckles evilly and whispers* (Y/N). . . (L/N). . .

(Y/N): Who said that?!

The voice was sinister sounding as it laughs evilly once again and (Y/N) glows his horn in case anypony was around to try and attack him.

???: *whispers* Son of (M/N) (L/N). . .

(Y/N): Come out and show yourself! If you're not hostile, then I won't attack you! But you sure seem like it!

???: *chuckles evilly and whispers* Hero of Ponyville. . .

(Y/N): Okay, I've had enough! Show yourself this instant!

Then a completely different voice came out of hiding to speak to (Y/N) as it was a familiar one indeed.

Mysterious Voice (Echo): Calm down. This is just another dream that I put you in.

(Y/N): Okay, well do you have any methods that make it a little. . . less creepy.

Mysterious Voice (Echo): That would be showing too much. This is merely just an illusion, and speaking of illusions this is somepony who can definitely mess with your mind.

???: *whispers* The Element of Heroism. . .

(Y/N): *sarcastically* Yeah, I can tell. This isn't my first time you've gave me a dream like this anyway.

Mysterious Voice (Echo): Was that sarcasm that I heard?

(Y/N): Yeah. So what?

Mysterious Voice (Echo): Because you don't speak. . . never mind.

(Y/N): What?

Mysterious Voice (Echo): Nothing! I would be saying too much!

(Y/N) simply raises an eyebrow at that.

(Y/N): You sure have a lot of secrets that you can't me at the moment.

Mysterious Voice (Echo): If you knew too much, then it would make me feel sorry for even speaking to you this way.

(Y/N): Make you feel sorry? I don't even know who you are.

Mysterious Voice (Echo): Good! Let's have it stay that way for the time being then.