Chapter 18

Jin was discharged from the hospital. He was at home, resting. Namjoon, his husband was taking care of him. Namjoon would go to office and return back soon, giving some excuses to his father and take care of Jin, not wanting to leave him alone. Jin tried to talk to Namjoon that he didn't really have to do that.

But Namjoon wasn't having it. He felt guilty as fuck and wanted to do everything to make his best friend back to being healthy and goofy. Jin was touched seeing Namjoon act so caring towards him and it also scared him a little. Apart from Sophie and his late emmoa, he wasn't used to anyone caring for him.

And now that Namjoon showed care, he didn't know if he should get used to it but was trying his best to not get attached to such feelings. Namjoon did every chore of the house like getting groceries, doing the laundry, cleaning and other stuff except for cooking. Jin was peculiar about the unsaid rule and Namjoon obediently followed it.

Not to forget, Namjoon was so used to eating Jin's home made food that nothing else made him crave for food rather than Jin's. He low key wanted Jin to always cook for him but never dared to say it, knowing Jin would tease the hell out of him. Though Jin already knew Namjoon's addiction to his cooking.

Right now, Jin was in the kitchen preparing dinner for both of them and Namjoon watching him from the table, since he wasn't allowed to step in when Jin was cooking. Jin glanced at Namjoon and snickered mentally seeing Namjoon drool over the food. Namjoon had his eyes stuck on the pot placed on the stove, which Jin was stirring.

The house was filled with pleasant aroma of food that they were going to eat for dinner and Namjoon's stomach growled, not so lightly, alerting Jin. Jin turned around with a confused face and looked at Namjoon, who had red tint on his cheeks, "Did you hear something? It sounded like a thunder" he asked pretending to be oblivious.

Namjoon gulped and nervously chuckled, "No, I didn't hear anything. Maybe you're hearing things" he said in tiny and Jin spun around hiding his giggles. Namjoon on the other hand was embarrassed. He placed his head on the table clutching his stomach, 'Freak, that was so embarrassing' he whined cursing at his tummy.

Jin glanced at Namjoon and quickly finished cooking, carefully bringing the pot and put it on the table in front of Namjoon, who sat up hearing Jin's footsteps. Frowning, "You should've told me to do it. You aren't suppose to work" Namjoon scolded lightly, Jin looked at him weirdly, "And make my hard work go down the drain? No thanks" he answered.

Namjoon pouted and Jin smiled at him, "Let's eat. Someone's tummy is roaring in hunger, no?" He asked teasingly picking up a bowl to fill. Namjoon was shook and looked away with red cheeks, nodding slowly like a puppy. Jin filled the bowl in his hand placed it in front of Namjoon, watching his eyes lit up like fireworks.

Namjoon eyed Jin eagerly and when Jin smiled, telling him to, "Enjoy", he smiled brightly taking a bite. Namjoon winced at his burning mouth from the hot soup, fanning his face to lessen the burn. Jin clicked in his tongue and shook his head in disappointment at Namjoon for being impatient. 

Namjoon wasn't bothered about his burnt taste buds and thanked Jin for food as he felt fine, digging into his dinner, enjoying it deliciously. Jin felt happy seeing Namjoon eat, he always liked to see people enjoy his cooking but most of all, he enjoyed Namjoon's reaction, which he subconsciously gave.

Jin always waited for Namjoon to praise him but never got anything from him. Soon, he understood that the reaction which Namjoon's eyes showed while eating was his compliment and he was contented with that. Jin ate with a smile on his face while Namjoon devoured the food in his plate.