𝟏𝟏𝟔. 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐝𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬

Start from the beginning

It was seven when Elle hugged her parents goodbye telling them that she'd drop in at some point during the next week.
She gave Sunny a hug too as he wagged his tail contently.
After that, Elle made her way back out into her back garden waving to her parents one last Rome before disappearing with a faint pop.

✰✰✰

Elle reappeared at the burrow which looked as warm as ever. She knocked politely on the door and waited patiently outside wondering if they'd heard her. Maybe she should just go in.
Suddenly she saw a figure walking towards the door to open it. As the door swung open Elle's jaw dropped to see that it was her uncle standing behind it.

"Elle" beamed Remus "I thought you'd be coming"
"When did you get back?" She asked immediately, stepping out of the cold into the warm kitchen,
"Last week" Remus sighed, Elle was sure that she said this every time she saw him but it was true that he looked more tired than ever.

Elle hugged her uncle hastily worried about what the order had put him through having to go down underground,
"The others are through in the living room" Remus beckoned as Elle followed him.
"Elle!" A figure ran towards her and engulfed her in a hug immediately. She scent of cinnamon alerted her that it was George.

"Come sit down dear" The voice of molly called "Arthur was just about to make eggnog,
The living room was the warmest room of the house as the fire within it was blazing. Elle took a seat on the floor next to George who kept his arm wrapped around her comfortingly.

The Weasleys had a large living room but the amount of people in it meant that the room was nearly full,
Nearly all of the Weasleys were there (excluding Charlie and Percy) along with Bill's girlfriend Layla, Harry as well as Remus and Athena who were now sitting together right by the fire.

Arthur came in levitating a bunch of eggnogs who flew to each person in turn. Elle took one gratefully which warmed her up even more.
There was something about the burrow that always made you feel at home whether you were family or not. At this point Elle would like to think that she was considered part of the family, she knew George would definitely agree.

"All right it's getting late you lot" Molly called after turning off the radio. She'd previously been blasting music by Celestina Warbeck. Elle had almost fallen asleep on George's shoulder as she gazed into the fire dreamily.
"I'll carry you if you want" George laughed as Elle flopped her head to the other side lazily,
"It's ok" Elle huffed dramatically as everyone started heading to their rooms.

"We have to share with Bill and Layla since Remus and Athena have his room" Fred explained,
"Right" yawned Elle,
"Are Remus and Athena... you know" George began and Elle frowned. She hadn't thought about that before, come to think of it they were always quite close.
"I'm not sure" Elle shrugged as she entered the twins bright childhood bedroom.

There were two beds and one double mattress on the floor for Bill and Layla.
Elle settled beside George in his bed. It was probably not made for two people but neither of them cared. They usually lay close together anyway.
She fell asleep gripping the metal of the locket she wore around her neck. Feeling the light heart beat that ebbed from it.

✰✰✰

When Elle had been younger, the best part of Christmas to her had always been the presents however these days she most appreciated the Christmas dinner. And Molly's was the best.
The family sat hungrily around the table as Molly dished out the food.