16: A drunken night

Start from the beginning

I chewed my lip in worry. "That's so weird. Why was I out for at long? I've never passed out for that long before."

"Apparently you're fine. I was worried so I actually got Dimitri over here to make sure you were okay. He was a medic before, if you're confused."

I nodded again, not completely sure what to say. This was just a weird situation all around. Right now I was mostly mad that I couldn't be of any help to Kason. He looked like he felt the same way.

"I'm angry." I finally said, looking at Kason.

The dark look in his eyes already told me he was too. Kason nodded. "Me too."

"I'm so mad but I can't do anything. I want to... forget it all."

Kason seemed to pause, looking at me fully. "You want to get drunk?"

"Let's get so drunk we forget everything." I agreed instantly. "Jackson is actually having a party as we speak. Let's go steal drinks."

"Finally, a good idea." Kason grabbed his keys. "Let's go."

I got off the bed and followed after him. I was very much ready to forget everything for a night.

The mood in the car was a bit angry and tense as we drove. Neither of us were in a good mood of any kind. When we pulled up to Jackson's house, which was already lively, I went inside and made a beeline for the kitchen.

"Hey, you came!" Jackson yelled obnoxiously as I found the drinks.

I grabbed the vodka. "I'm taking this."

"What for?" He called after me.

Anne appeared in front of me. "Whoa, you've got a lot to drink there."

"Exactly." I opened the bottle and drank right from it. The burn of it made my eyes water, but I didn't care.

"Rylee, careful." Anne said, trying to grab the bottle from me.

I held it away. "Just let me have this one reckless night, Anne. I'm ready to drink and pass out until next week." I took another giant swig. I had no idea where Kason disappeared to, but I wasn't worried. He was probably doing exactly what I was.

"What's going on with you?" Anne asked, seeming concerned.

"Life is just annoying right now." I grabbed her arm, pulling her toward the crowd of dancing teens. "Let's dance."

I let the loud, annoying music take over my body as the alcohol took over my mind. Everything was blurry and loud. I continued drinking. Then dancing. And drinking more.

This went on until I was taking another swig from a bottle of I didn't even know what when someone took it from me.

"Hey!" I protested loudly.

"I think you've had enough."

"I'm not unconscious yet." I argued at the tall person with the deep voice. I blinked hard, trying to see straight. Who was talking?The room swayed and I felt myself use the wall to keep upright.

The person grabbed my arm. "Come on, this was a mistake."

I tried pushing them back, but my arm barely moved. "Go away."

"Alright, that's it." The person grabbed me and threw me over their shoulder. "We're leaving."

"Hey, this is kidnapping!" I complained, hitting their back. "I'll take you down, bro, I'm serious."

Whoever was holding me didn't respond, and I gave up struggling as we went out into the cold night.

A moment later I was set on a cold, slippery surface and I flinched. "It's cold!" I hissed, annoyed.

A hand gently grabbed my chin. "Eyes on me, Rylee."

I slowly squinted in the darkness, trying to control my wobbly vision. I touched the person's face, trying to figure out who it was. I could barely see familiar eyes and feel a familiar jaw line. "Kason?"

"Very good." He held something to my lips. "Drink. It's water."

I obeyed, too out of to do anything else. "Why- why aren't you drunk." I asked, slurring the last word.

"I was going to get drunk but then I realized I'll be responsible for you. So I let you do what you wanted."

The world was still swaying, but the cold night air seemed to hold me in place. It wasn't until then I realized I was sitting on the hood of Kason's car. "Your pretty car is going to be ruined if I sit here."

"You're light as a feather, you're not doing any damage, sweetheart."

My eyes slowly moved to his. Or, where I thought they were supposed to be. "You're an asshole. But you're a good guy."

Kason went still.

I continued rambling. "I don't get why the world is so mean to you. It's not fair. I'm mad. I'll beat up every last one of the Black Bands and you'll be free. And then maybe I can feel normally when you're not around."

"What are you talking about?" He asked quietly, laughter in his voice.

"I feel light and bubbly around you. Like how rain makes me feel." My body seemed to tilt and my forehead landed on his shoulder. "You're so... annoying but... good." My eyes were drifting closed. "I'll save you from the- the bad guys."

Kason chuckled. "Come on, Rylee." He picked me up like a child and my arms fell around his shoulders. He moved around the car and opened the door. Then he lowered me onto the seat.

I curled up against the door after he closed it and my eyes drifted closed. The world grew quiet.

The next thing I knew, Kason was helping me out of the car, keeping me upright every time I lost my footing or stumbled. Halfway up to my room, nausea rolled through me and I staggered into the bathroom off to the side. I made it to the toilet just in time.

Kason held my hair back as I vomited up all the shit I consumed tonight. Once I was finally done, he sat me on the edge of the tub and gave me water to rinse out my mouth.

I was slumped against the wall, the only thing keeping me up being Kason. My body felt heavy, my eyes drooping. I just wanted to sleep.

Kason grabbed my hand and put something in my hand. "Rylee, brush your teeth, I know you'll be grossed out if you don't."

I barely moved. It felt like the toothbrush weighed a thousand pounds. "I just want-" I tipped forward as darkness flashed in my vision.

Kason's arm caught me. "Don't make me brush your teeth for you. Come on." He wrapped my hand around my toothbrush and lifted my arm to my mouth.

I forced my wobbly arm to move, and slowly brushed my teeth, Kason keeping me stable. Once I finished and rinsed, I moved to lay on the floor, my only thought being to sleep.

Kason stopped me and picked me up. "You're not sleeping on the bathroom floor." He said as I complained. He laid me on my bed carefully. Then he took my shoes off.

"Kason."

He stopped what he was doing. "Yeah?"

"I want to set you free. Because you're good. And I care about you."

The world went dark.

-----------------------

I am having fun with this. Hope you're having fun reading it. Thanks for reading (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)