4. The Secret of the Ghost Rig

Start from the beginning

"Reah!" Scooby adds.

"Well I didn't have anything planned anyway." Y/n says.

"Too bad Daphne couldn't make it. I'm sure she would love to be here for you." Velma says and Fred just looks at her confused before the door to the mayor's office opens and he steps out of it.

 "Ah, Fred my boy! Today is a very exciting day for you, because today you learn the family business, Politics!" The mayor says.

"Politics? That's adult stuff! You know, kids my age are into traps and solving mysteries!" Fred says.

"No they're not, son! You're going to learn all the vital things I do for this community, like create pamphlets and strategize about new places to put parking meters." Fred's dad boasts.

"Accepting bribes?" Y/n says raising folding his arms.

The mayor clears his throat in response and gives Y/n a harsh look but it doesn't bother him. The Mayor turns back to Fred and puts his hands on his shoulders. "Well can I count on you?" He asks.

Fred sighs. "Fine...What do you need me to do?" Fred asks.

"Help me get re-elected as mayor!" The Mayor says with a grin before reaching into his suit jacket and pulling out a pamphlet. "Make me 40,000 copies of this campaign pamphlet!" He adds as he hands it to Fred.

"Is it too late to say that I'm busy?" Y/n says quietly to Velma, Shaggy and Scooby.

Daphne was in her room sat on her bed as she carefully removed the bandages Y/n had wrapped around her hands recently. She looked down at her hands that had completely healed up now. 

"Darling! Could you come downstairs? There's someone your mother and I would like you to meet." Daphne's father calls out and Daphne gets up leaving her room heading downstairs where she sees her Mother, Father and an unknown person stood at the window.

"I'd like you to meet Rung Ladderton. Heir to the Ladderton ladder company." Daphne's mother says and the unknown person turns around now. 

"Um hello

"Um hello." Daphne says trying to be polite as the man know as Rung Ladderton walks up to her. "Nice to meet you." Daphne adds and she holds out her hand for a hand shake. 

Rung takes a hold of her hand with both his. "Yes. Yes it is." He says as he removes his hand and in Daphne's hand is a ladder shaped pendent and Daphne looks at it. "Eh it's a little promotional pendant I like to hand out."

"Oh. Thanks but I already have a pendant." Daphne says and she pulls out the locket she found back in the Crystal Cove caves. She had attached to necklace and was currently wearing it.

"Anyway, give me a jingle and we'll plan a magical night on the town." He says before he glances at his watch. "Oh yeah, the life of the seventh largest regional ladder manufacturer never stops. Sorry, but I gotta rung." Rung says and he leaves the Blake mansion. Daphne's parents smile in the background and wave to Rung as he leaves.