Foreword

Hi!

For those of you who don't know me, my pseudonym is Luca.
I really love writing, I love smut, and I love trauma.
Check out Irusu and Irusu:Ikigai for more Akaashi ;) and my page in general.

I'm going to section this off so it has an order rather than my usual rambling, and at the end in the aesthetics give a little spoiler on the central characters!!

AN AKAASHI x BOKUTO FANFIC

1. Inspirations and Other Fanfiction Suggestions

2. A Bit on the Living Situation

3. The Central Character Aesthetics

1. My Inspirations:

Nobuyuki ( yellow_bumblebees_ ) on Wattpad
Bokuto's Family on Archive of Our Own
Welcome to Fukurodani Academy on Archive of Our Own

These two stories are what specifically inspired a few aspects of this story. Although this isn't going to be KuroAkaBo, my favorite ship in the world, it will be AkaBo centered. I was just inspired a lot by yellow_bumblebees_  so much to really get writing because I have been in HaikyuuOmegaverse hell lately, and I've really been wanting to write one so thank you for giving me a small kick in the ass to finally get on it by providing the world with a deliciously angsty fanfic. As for Bokuto's Family, it really inspired how I want to write Bokuto and how he really should be perceived. He is a wonderful person who cares deeply about others and seeks to uplift them even if he can't feel it himself. That's actually where I came up with the title as well while SOBBING HYSTERICALLY. literally one of the best fan fictions I have read in a long time. Also, Welcome to Fukurodani on Archive of Our Own played a hand in how I wanted to write Bokuto as well and gave me the idea to have this be a Boarding School AU. It's still not finished and hasn't been updated in two years (so sad about it) so this is a way of me making my fucking dreams come true.

I was originally going to have it be an Alpha Bokuto Detective AU, where he is investigating a corrupt religious sect in which Akaashi was a high official but overall in the dark. I decided to do something similar, but them being forced to live together at the same time was too juicy to pass up--or rather them living in the same building.

2. A Bit on the Living Situation

So, I feel like the way I write the descriptions will be a tad confusing as far as the layouts go.

Each student gets a dorm and lives there for the next three years of school, and possibly more if they decide to stay for a year and study under one of their teachers and get paid as a TA for college credit.

The dorms have an RA on the Omegan floor (4th), and the other three floors are entirely Co-Ed.

The dorms also have a lobby and common room on the first floor, along with the teacher's apartment.

Each dorm building has a name and is named based on the planets (in Japanese but I will just be using the English versions).

Each room has bedrooms with bolts on the inside for heats and ruts, as well as separate ventilation to prevent triggering the roommates. The doors have little sliders that open for the student so that RA's, teachers, or roommates can bring them food without entering the room to interrupt the heat or rut and avoid being affected by the scents and pheromones released.