𝐕

Things didn't go for the better for Areum, either

Things didn't go for the better for Areum, either. After that nightmare she had in which Seonghwa was playing with Hee-Young and she called him "Dada", the woman couldn't manage to be quiet when the girl wasn't in her or San's sight. The fact that Seonghwa had been able to appear in her dreams, lead Areum to think that he was also capable to materialize in the real world. And she couldn't be more worried than she already was.

San's hand quickly found its way on Areum thigh, caressing the fabric of her stockings with his thumb. The warmth of his hand on her partially exposed skin, awoke the woman, who was visibly lost in her thoughts with her eyes wide open and fixated on the bumper of the black car.

Her eyes moved on her husband that was now holding the steering wheel with one hand.

"What are you thinking about?"

Asked San, his lips curving a little upside in a smirk. Areum admired his perfect profile, how his lips were naturally puckered in an adorable pout, and how his dimples showed themselves whenever he smiled or grinned.

For a moment, to Areum felt like going back in time, during her college days, when everything started: the night when she and her friends had summoned Seonghwa, the first encounter with the demon, the first sexual intercourse, the day she had discovered Seonghwa's real aim thanks to Mr. Kang and when they finally managed to banish the demon.

Never in her life, she had thought to had the chance to brush the death with her fingers and being able to come back. Ever since Mr. Kang had thrown the raw truth on her face, Areum thought that she had no future, that her life would've ended right that night when she last met him.

She shook her head and intertwined her fingers with San's, whereas a smile painted on her mouth.

"Nothing in particular. I'm just wondering if Hee-Young is having fun with her babysitter."

Areum replied as the pad of her finger traced the length of his pointer finger, realizing how smooth his skin was. San took advantage of that movement to intertwine his fingers with her, silently telling Areum that he was right by her side and that he loved her.

"You always worry too much about everything."

He murmured before lifting her hand to press a long peck on the back of it. That moment of peace and tranquillity didn't last long.

The couple reached their house and the first thing they noticed was the gate left open. A wave of panic washed over the parents, who immediately moved uncomfortably on their seats, wondering if they had left the gate ajar when they left.

San didn't bother to park his car perfectly as he always did. Instead, he pulled on the side of the street and leaped down from it. Areum dashed towards the house and surpassed the open gate, to find, with horror, that their entrance door was spread open. The woman could feel her eyes starting to burn for the tears, fear taking control over her body as with trembling knees and hands, she began scouring the building.