𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 , the revelation

Start from the beginning

Clark shakes his head at the vampire nervously. "I work for an organization that keeps monsters and things that go bump in the night from public view. I thought I recognized you and Jessica-"

"It's Hope, actually." Hope retorts.

Clarke looks at Hope for a moment, and then nods. "I wasn't sure if it was a coincidence, so we searched your van. We know you're Alaric Saltzman, headmaster of the Salvatore School. We know you're Katherine Valentine, the rebellious vampire who was so immature the headmaster made you go to school again." Katherine rolls her eyes. "We know a lot about it. You have a terrific reputation."

"Leave the school out of this." Alaric says coldly.

"Look, I applaud your school's mission. If you do your job right, makes mine easier."

Katherine throws her arms in the air. "So why the hell are we still here?"

Clarke looks at her. "Well, I have an entire town that needs to forget what they've seen today. You know, usually it's convincing a farmer in Nebraska he didn't see a chimera, you know, or a few ice fishermen in Minnesota that it wasn't a yeti that ate their best friend." He half heartedly joked. "This is an entire town. It's different. We could use the assistance of a vampire." He says. "I noticed the daylight ring on you and your boyfriend-"

"Not my actual boyfriend." Katherine points out.

Hope steps in. "Why not call it a freak swarm of bugs? Why erase it from memory?"

"Because someone may recognize them for what they are. Harbingers."

"Of what?" Katherine asks.

Clarke scoffs. "Seriously? This is obviously the work of a mummy."

Alaric does a fist pump in the air, receiving a weird look from all of them. "I told you." He says to Hope, sheepishly. Katherine raises her eyebrows, confused.

"One of our drivers survived an attack by the river. He's been tracking the mummy ever since." Clarke says. "He's still on the outskirts of town, but he's heading our direction. We're a cleanup organization. Okay, we're not equipped to go to battle with a mummy." He chuckles. "So... will you help? Cut him off at the pass and keep all these people safe?"

Ric frowns. "Oh, these are kids-"

"Kids with magic, in a town full of innocents without it." Clarke points out.

Suddenly, Hope blurts out, "We'd be happy to help." Alaric and Katherine send weird looks her way. More so, Katherine was glaring at Hope.

Alaric looks back at Clarke. "I'm gonna need my weapons." He explains.

"Of course. Gather what you need. Round up your friends. My team can help you with anything else."

The three watch Clarke walk away, and Hope clears her throat. "Okay, I know you don't remember our trip to Kansas clearly, but that field that we woke up in in Georgia, that's where the portal to Malivore is." Hope explains to Alaric and the vampire. "It's hidden in plain sight by a company called TRIAD." Hope pulls out a card, handing it to Ric. "Look familiar?" Katherine looks down, seeing a card.

"This just got a lot more interesting."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

The night was cool and brisk as Katherine Valentine walked along side Kaleb Hawkins. She was thoroughly surprised she had messed around with a second Kaleb, but this one was merely a fling for the summer, and she hardly remembered him in bed. "I am so over this monster crap." He mutters as they walks towards Dr. Saltzman. He looks over at her. "How do you do it?" He asks her.