𝒔𝒊𝒙 , sweet sixteen

❝  mombie dearest  

❝  mombie dearest  ❞

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"And Caroline isn't even coming for the girls birthdays because she's busy trying to find a way to stop your curse and the Gemini curse." Alaric rants. "How am I supposed to tell my daughters their mom isn't going to be at their sweet sixteen? It's not like I can tell them what she's doing. Not to mention, we're nowhere near cracking this case with Landon and the knife."

Katherine Valentine sits in a chair, staring up at Alaric Saltzman. She wears black leather pants with a blue blouse tucked in. Her black heeled boots rest on his desk as she stretches her long legs out. She drinks a cup of coffee, listening to the man she's known for years ramble about his problems. "We have the knife, a symbol, and a place...kind of, but I don't know what any of it means." Rants the Headmaster.

"We'll figure something out, Ric." Says Katherine. "We're getting more and more information. We just need to take our time."

"We can't take our time, Katherine, that's the problem!" He says. "We don't know what's connecting it, and I don't know what monster is coming next." He looks out the window, concerned.

"Ric?"

Katherine and Alaric turn around slowly. The Saltzman's face goes pale. Katherines jaw drops. "Holy shit." She whispers.

Josette Loughlin. Alaric's fiancé who died at their wedding, and Katherines friend. Katherine stands up slowly, her eyes wide in surprise. "Dorian!" Alaric yells. The man pulls out his crossbow, and Katherines veins pop out under her eyes.

Dorian runs in. "Are you okay?" He pauses when he sees Alaric aiming his weapon at a woman. "Whoa, whoa."

Jo puts her hands up. "Ric, if you could just put down the crossbow. My freak-out level is about 11 right now." She says.

"You know her?" Dorian says.

"We know who she's supposed to be." Katherine replies.

"Who?"

Alaric's facial expression hardens. "The love of my life."

Jo begins to plead for them to wait as Dorian moves to Rics side. "Hold up. Hold up, Ric."

"Listen to Dorian." She turns her yead. "Are you Dorian? I'm Jo."

"You're his dead wife?" Dorian blurts. "I m... I mean fiancée. I mean, uh-"

Katherine turns to look at them. "You don't think she's actually-"