My view directed itself in front of us, as Dabi and I tried to make our way to the movie theater without being any more suspicious. "Red and white hair, the other one dark green."

"Shit.. Are they coming up the escalator?" he groaned.

"No, but let's get out of here! You better explain this all to me later, asshole." I said, before running to the theater.

We bought a ticket for a random movie, I wasn't paying attention. My thoughts were stuck on the two kids, Dabi mentioned that they wanted him, but why?

Dabi and I made our way into the movie theater, instantly getting swarmed with dense, cold air. My feet skipped up the middle stairs, making their way to the back of the theater.

He trailed behind me, ignoring the agonizing feeling of stares emitting off other people. I situated myself atop the cushioned seat, smiling at Dabi as he occupied the one next to mine.

The ads were still playing, so I was comfortable with speaking. "Start explaining."

For a sudden moment, the room was silent. One could say that now, you were able to hear your blood flowing. I finally got what I desired, answers.
"Your friend was right, you know?"

"I guess you could say that I'm in some pretty shitty business."

"The word hero has become a pretty common word around these parts."

"Although, I don't believe you should call yourself a hero if your goal is something so materialistic."

"The unfortunate thing is, most heroes have that goal. Nowadays, the only real hero is All Might, but he retired."

I had never heard Dabi speak this way, so I knew he was dead serious. "How do the 1-A kids know you?"

"Anyone would remember the person who attacked them." he chuckled.

"Why? My feet are anchored onto the cold ground, not leaving even though I'm begging them to." I thought. Dabi was a villain, a skilled one at that. However, that didn't change how I felt.

My arms suddenly reached behind him, wrapping themselves around his chest. Tugging him closer to me, I then felt as the print on his tee rubbed against my face.

The ads had stopped, and the movie was beginning, though Dabi was stuck in a confusing situation. "You're not leaving, are you?"

A comforting feeling overwhelmed my body, as Dabi pulled me into a warm embrace. "Never." I said, reassuring him.

His breath rested atop my head, occasionally blowing against my locks of hair. Dabi was quite new to this feeling, and company of another, that I could easily tell. Yet, something was holding him back. "These nuisances.."

"Nuisances?" I wondered what he could possibly mean by that.

"Look around you, they're everywhere. Scarfing down popcorn like it's nobody's deal." he complained. After everything that's happened, I was positive that he wasn't comfortable with large crowds of people.

That problem is easy to fix, thankfully. "Leave it to me!" I exclaimed, whilst flexing my fingers.

The room was darkened, and everyone was distracted by the blaring noise emitting from the movie speakers. Nobody would suspect a thing.

I brought my hands behind the blocking seat, and took a deep breath, before effortlessly releasing effective melatonin gas from my aurous rings.

The pink gas distributed around the room, constantly getting battered by the cold air conditioning. Dabi watched from his seat, grinning at my progress.

One after another, their bodies fell limp. Sinking down the cushioned seats, they allowed the melatonin gas to consume them. I skipped down the middle steps, making sure not to miss any of the stars imprinted in the carpet. "Time to get out of here."

Dabi followed me, refusing to let himself breathe in the intoxicating gas. Though, once we had left the room, he stopped me. "My turn." he chuckled.

His actions were swift, as he tried to not let any of the gas escape. Dabi summoned his cobalt flames, and set a small thread of carpet afire. It spread quickly, similar to a virus.

"Oh my god." I thought. There's a great difference between temporary sleeping gas, and uncontrollable fire with no mercy. "Dabi, they're asleep! You're going to kill them-"

"Think of it as an experiment. There are heroes in this mall,  so let's see if they come to help." he interrupted.

I gulped, and walked out of the theater alongside him. The fire was spreading incredibly fast, but like Dabi predicted, nobody battered an eye.

In fact, nobody even seemed to notice. Could they not feel the intense heat of his flames? Was the door that sealed, to the point where my gas cloud didn't slip out?

All the pieces of the puzzle began to connect, as I finally realized. Dabi was right, no hero was coming, nobody at all. I hung my head low, allowing guilt to consume my body. Those people, their lives were stolen from them so effortlessly, because of me.

Dabi nudged against my shoulder, before grabbing ahold of my hand. "Let's do it."

"Do what?" I said, without a single ounce of hope in my voice.

"Let's rewrite society, together."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; i currently don't like this part but idk man maybe i'll like it tomorrow or something LOL

artwork by: mtknmha on twitter

words: 1419