Breathe

You had been best friends with France for a long time. Your countries had close relationships-and had for hundreds of years. However, you'd been longing for something more lately. Francis adored you, you knew it. But...he seemed to be more focused upon you like a friend.

Frankly, you were exhausted of playing around with your feelings. You wanted to come clean to Francis, no matter the consequences. So, now you were laying on your bed, on your stomach, feet in the air, texting Francis at the speed of light.

You: Hey, handsome~

Francis: Bonjour, mon petite souris~

You: How're you, hun?

Francis: Fantastic. And you, amour?

You blushed and continued on.

You: Good, now. :)

Francis: Really? I'm flattered, dear.

You: You should be, lover boy.

Francis: Onhonhon~

You: Oh, shut up. You free tonight?

Francis: Of course. Your place or mine?

You: Mine. 

Francis: Sure. I'll come over whenever I'm ready, mon ami.

You: Kk <3

The conversation ended, and you headed over to your closet, nervous and excited at the same time.  You smiled to yourself in a giddy manner, than began to pick out your clothes. After much debate, you ended up with a tightly fitting little black dress. You knew Francis would pick up on your change of aditude. You usually only wore sweatpants or jeans and a t-shirt around him.

However, tonight, you were planning to impress him. Scurrying around your apartment, you set everything up. Soon, everything was clean and perfect. The dinner table was set, and so was the room in which you knew you two would watch your typical movie, like you did every time you hung out.

Nerves beginning to build, you sat on the couch to wait.