Ray: What are you two doing today?

Emma: Nothing, I'm bored!

Ray: What about you, Norman? You even awake yet?

Norman: Yeah, just woke up, I'm not doing anything.

Ray: Then emergency meeting at my house today. Get here in like an hour.

Emma: So demanding >:(

Well, there was the answer to that. It seemed as though that Norman could never have a day to himself, but this didn't bother him in the slightest. He's had enough time to himself for most of his life, for the greater part of sixteen years.

Oh yeah, sixteen years.. his birthday was coming up soon, and that was going to make him seventeen. His birthday was this tuesday, so it was in two days. Norman has never really done much for his birthday in the past, hell, he doubts anyone even knows about it. Does he intend to tell his friends about it this year? What would they do, celebrate? Or perhaps would he just let it pass, then one day tell them 'Oh by the way, I'm seventeen now.' Was that the move?

Whatever was the case, he'd just figure it out before the day came. Right now, he was going to focus on getting ready to leave, and go to Ray's house for whatever emergency meeting he planned. What would even be the topic? And whats with the urgency? Knowing Ray, and knowing the events of the past week, it would likely just be another plan involving how to get Don and Gilda together.

He spent the next hour showering, and getting himself to look presentable after having just woken up. With time left to spare, he decided to text Emma about the meeting, or whatever it was,

Norman: Any idea what Ray's calling us over for?

As if expecting his response, she replied pretty quickly.

Emma: Not a clue! I guess we'll find out!

Norman: Want me to meet you at your house and we go together?

Emma: Sure!

Well, whatever the meeting was going to be about, he gets to see her again, so thats definitely a win. Having successfully gotten ready, he alerted Rosalia through text that he'd be gone a while whenever she got back. Despite being retired, some renovations being done in one of her houses she had rented out had gone poorly, and she was now stuck sorting things out. Guess theres no real retiring while being a landlord.

Soon after, the boy was off and on his way. Emma's house was on the way to Ray's place, so it only made sense that he'd be the one meeting her at her place. The overcast in the sky was quite liberating, as he did not like being hit directly by the sun's rays.

He made it to Emma's house, and texted her as soon as he got there.

Norman: I'm here!

Emma: Coming out!

He stood there, waiting for her arrival at the front door. It took a minute more, but eventually the door was opened. It revealed Emma, and her cheery self, but she was holding something.

Norman raised an eyebrow, looking at the large box she held, "Whats.. whats with the box?"

She paused for a second, as if trying to figure out what to say, "Oh, its.. I don't know! Someone is supposed to come pick this up later, but since I won't be home to give it, I'm just leaving it here on the porch for them to get later."

The white haired boy gave her a sideways look, "And.. you aren't worried about someone possibly stealing it?"

Emma looked down at the box, as she closed the door behind her with her arms still full, "Well, that might be an issue.. I'll just leave it where it can't be seen."

Looking around the porch, there were a few spots to choose from. Norman also scoped it out, and tried to find someplace that was only visible if you walked up to the porch.

"Hey, what about under the railing there?" He suggested, pointing at the underneath of the railing that outlined the porch, which was a shaded hiding spot. Emma looked to the spot, then she looked up at Norman, "That works! You're so smart!"

She walked over and placed the box underneath gently, as if whatever is inside is fragile. She then pulled out her phone for a moment, sent out a quick text to an unknown person, and turned her attention back to Norman.

"Now then," Norman started, grabbing her hand to interlock their fingers, "Are you ready to get going?"

Beaming up at him, she nodded excitedly. With that, they began the small journey to Ray's house. The walk itself was uneventful, but Norman couldn't help but notice that she seemed to be checking her phone a lot more than usual. He thought nothing of it, though.

~

I have decided on how the book will progress towards the end. I plan to end it at around 40 chapters, and for that end to be accomplished before November, to give me more time to prepare for Norember! I'll be following a Norember month prompt sheet thing, and I'll upload it all on here throughout the month. I'll be collaborating with someone else, they know who they are, and I'll reveal them later :)