Chapter 6: 2023 Rewrite

Not long after she said that word, the world around them began to shake. Cars began to collide, puddles vibrated, buildings began to shake and signs began to fall. Everyone was trying to find the source of the quaking, even Liz and Manning came out of the truck to see what was happening. Of course, Manning being the coward he is backed away into the truck once more. The quaking continued and the agents began to do crowd control for the civilians. Red walked out into the middle of the street to see if he could find the source when suddenly the quaking stopped. Everyone, both civilians and agents alike, began to look around them in confusion. Then suddenly something large and strong busted through the ground, destroying the streets and launching a few cars around. Nikki ran to Red and watched as a creature began to take its form. It was large and green. It seemed to be made of plant life and to Nikki, it sounded sad and scared. She felt its pain. 'Poor thing. He shouldn't have been forced to awaken here. He should have been taken to a forest where he belongs.' she thought to herself.

"It's an elemental," Nuala said from behind the demon and the young woman. "The giver of life and the destroyer."

Red was confused at this statement. "A what?"

Nikki scoffed at her friend's dumb question and answered for Nuala. "It's a Forest god, dumbass." She looked at the scared creature in front of her with sorrow in her eyes and anger in her heart for the prince who released it in the middle of the city.

Red looked back up at the creature "Huh. a forest god, eh?" He started to sidestep the truck "I'm gonna get me Big Baby." he said kind of cocky. He opened up his traveling arsenal and pulled out an oversized revolver with a back on the handle next to the words 'Big Baby" painted on it. The gun held over six gun shells and had a carrier strap on it. Red popped open the gun and began to load it up with the shells. After he finished loading his gun he heard a woman crying for help to get her baby out of her van. The van's door was jammed and she couldn't get the baby out. Red walked over to the woman with Liz and Nikki by his side and asked her politely believe it or not. " How can I help you, ma'am?"

The woman in her hysteria took no notice of Red's appearance as she began to say "My baby's inside." She finally took notice of his appearance as she said the word inside. Her face was a mix of fear and shock when she realized who she was talking to.

"Come with us, dear lady," Johann said behind the woman spooking her with Abe next to him. "There's nothing to worry about. We have everything under control" Liz saw how startled the woman was and decided to help calm her down and to get away from all of the commotion.

Nikki stayed by Red's side until she saw a flash of platinum blonde hair fly by her as well as black leather. Like Alice in Wonderland, she decided to follow this "white rabbit" down a city-sized rabbit hole. She followed through the maze of allies until she lost sight of him. "DAMN IT" She yelled frustrated.

She started to look around for any clues until she felt a hand grab her arm. She spun around to see her white rabbit. She reached for her knife only to be pushed up against the building behind her and her hand to be pinned to the wall. She kicked his knee and jumped over him and wrapped her arm around his neck, putting him in a chokehold. He chuckled at her. "Nicely done, little nymph." The woman said nothing, just held on tighter. He gripped her arm and flipped her onto her back and pinned her to the ground. "But you need to remember to take down your opponent completely."

She looked at him with tears in her eyes and teeth clenched as she screamed at him and thrashed around like a captured animal. The blonde couldn't help but admire the fire in her eyes. The fight. "Why did you do this?" She cried. He chuckled at her. "I'm not talking about the war. I'm talking about the elemental. He's innocent in this and you brought it into this war for no reason." Nuada watched as tears fell from her face. "He's in pain and he's scared" She whispered in pain. Not for herself but for the forest god.

"You talk about him as though you feel its pain" He observed watching the girl. She turned her head away from the man which proved that she did. "You do, don't you, my little nymph?" He asked her as he gently turned her face back towards him. He was shocked at the sight. Her eyes were glassy as they filled with tears, her cheeks were flushed with anger and her mouth was in the form of a frown.

Her eyes grew wide for she knew she couldn't lie to him. He would somehow detect it. "Yes. I can. I can control plant life as well as connect to it as well as animal life. Which is one of the reasons why I am so furious at you for this war you have begun." She tried to fight against his grip as she spoke, only for him to keep holding her down. "You claim to want to regrow the forest and yet you let loose its guardian in an unknown land where it is weak. He is in pain and anguish as we speak and yet you do nothing to protect it. You say man is consumed by greed but you are doing the exact same thing for your hunt for the last crown piece." her voice held anguish and sadness as she spoke.

This made the prince stare at her as he caressed her cheek and began to wipe away her tears. "You would have been an amazing elf. You care for the forest and my people. You seem to know more than most, which is why I gave you this." He gently grabbed the wrist with the bracelet, admiring the way the gold contracted against her light tan skin. "It suits you well. My mark" He stroked her wrist before interlocking their fingers.

"What? Being marked as your property? Or worse being marked as your prey" She asked him confused. He said nothing to her. He just stared at her with admiration as he gently brought her wrist to his lips and placed a kiss on her pulse. Nikki looked at him with realization. "A lover? A concubine?"

He smiled at her questions. He placed a hand on her cheek as he leaned in. His hair creates a curtain around them as he whispers into her ear."You deserve something better than the title of a mere lover. You shall be queen of the new world." Was all he said before he knocked her out by pressing a pressure point. "Goodnight, little nymph." He whispers before placing a kiss on the crown of her head and carrying her away from the alley.